Sunday 13 May 2007

Not a lot to say!!

Well why am I writing then you ask?? Mostly because if I start to get lazy and miss days I'll end up stopping writing, and then I won't achieve my wish to be able to look back and find out what was going on the day MeiMei was born.

I'm English what do I talk about if I can't think of anything else?? Why the weather of course!! Its been pouring down with rain ALL day - it hasn't stopped and its quite depressing after all the lovely weather we've had lately. Mr Messy took the HOST student back to the station this evening - after they had watched the Grand Prix of course! Even Little Prince enjoyed watching the race (no matter how hard I try he's turning into a stereotypical little boy) - I presume he just saw it as a real life version of Disney/Pixar Cars (little does he realise its the other way round lol). Italian student was very impressed that Little Prince wanted the Ferrari to win :-)

Ha - I thought I didn't have a lot to say!!! So this looooong post is quite impressive :-) I'm easily impressed!!

Little Miss Sensible has decided she would like to do some volunteer work abroad either this Summer before University (and in between exams and backpacking round Eastern Europe) or during the Christmas break. She says she realises that she has had a very priviliged upbringing and has had most things handed to her on a plate, and that she would like to help children who haven't been as fortunate as she has been. She has found two opportunities she would like to investigate further, both working in India teaching children English (either in a village or orphanage), although she sensibly acknowledges that it will be very hard emotionally to cope with either situation. And given her faddy eating, it will be difficult for her to cope with the diet! I am so proud of her though - she has turned into a very beautiful, very compassionate young lady and I wish I could take more credit for that - but I can't she's just like that naturally :-) I am a very lucky mum :-)

Its making me incredibly nervous - the thought of my BABY going half way round the world ON HER OWN!! But I also know that I have to let her (and yes she still asks permission, even though she is old enough to make decisions like this herself), she needs to experience the big wide world and learn to be independant and self reliant. But on the other hand she is MY BABY and I will miss her and worry about her the whole time she is away. I know she's eighteen (for goodness sake mum - as I keep being told!) but I still can't help it I'm her mum.

Well I have waffled on a bit haven't I? I thought I didn't have a lot to say - it must be my inner chatterbox coming out!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006