Saturday 19 May 2007

Off to the seaside!!

I've been running round like a headless chicken all day, as tonight (after picking up Drama Teen from Stagecoach) we are going to Blackpool!! We are letting Little Miss Sensible have the house to herself to host a party to celebrate her 18th birthday. I can't decide if I'm mad or stupid or both!!! Answers on a postcard please...

We know the majority of the friends that are coming, they are all fairly sensible and have accepted the rules we've laid down (no drinking to excess, no smoking, no breaking things). But I still have a bunch of what ifs running round my head!! Hopefully I'll be worrying for nothing - watch this space!! If I don't return they've trashed my house!!!!!!

We've got friends in Blackpool that we are meeting for a meal tonight, unless Little Prince falls asleep and then me and him will be dropped off at our hotel, while Mr Messy and Drama Teen go for the meal. He's already sleepy and has spent most of the day sucking his thumb and carrying his blankie around - so I'm not holding out much hope for a meal. I'll probably end up with a McD's brought back to the hotel!!

Tomorrow we are spending the day with our friends, if the weather's good we might go to the zoo not sure what the alternative plans are, we are discussing that tonight at the meal. It can be a nightmare finding something to amuse all the kids as they are such different ages. We had hoped that Little Prince and MeiMei would be fairly close in age, so we didn't have that problem so much - but with the wait for a referral stretching out longer and longer, that's probably not going to happen.

I tried on a pair of jeans I haven't worn for ages earlier today, and was gutted to find they didn't fit any more - they're my FAVES :-( I will have to seriously start cutting down on calories and upping the exercising!! But I've been spoilt by being on the LighterLife diet - I lost weight so quickly that 'ordinary' dieting just doesn't seem quick enough!! I have to get into a sensible mindset and stop expecting the same results as LighterLife, otherwise I just get discouraged. I also have to get motivated - to help me resist my other FAVE - Cadbury's chocolate yuuuummy :-)

1 comment:

Rosie said...

We love Blackpool.


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006