Monday 4 June 2007

More Spring sorting

I can't believe how excited I get over tidying up!! For goodness sake - is my life that boring?? Don't answer that!!

Anyway this evening me and Mr Messy tidied out the large, pine dresser in the dining room. As with the other weekend's sorting, we threw out loads of stuff we no longer, need use, or could even remember having!! I've got one part of the cupboard to sort out, and I should easily get that done when Little Prince is at nursery tomorrow. I save all the children's birthday cards and put them in individual see through plastic pockets, inside a leverarch file (mildly obsessive don't you think??). Unfortunately I've fallen behind with the filing - and I have a couple of years worth (of 3 kids worth) birthday cards to file away - which is what is in the remaining cupboard. Wonder why I was leaving that one till last!?!

Drama Teen went shopping (AGAIN!!?!?!) with one of her Stagecoach friends and had a great time. She bought herself some very lively clothes (bright yellow) from Tammy (one of her favourite shops) and more make up (I have no idea where the fascination with make up comes from I never wear any!) - and very surprisingly didn't buy any trinket boxes from Claire's Accessories!! Probably a first for her :-) We also learnt, when she came home, that there is a machine in Boots Chemist (I think) that you can Bluetooth a photo from your phone and get a printout for 20p. Which was great value, as she got one average size print, and four 1/4 size ones on the sheet - all for 20p!!! She's a great little bargain hunter :-)

Little Miss Sensible was at work again today, after a late night party last night, and work yesterday too. So this evening she has been hobbling around complaining that her legs and feet hurt :-( She did recover sufficiently after everyone else had gone to bed, to try out her new Belly Dancing dvd. She is finding it quite hard to grasp the moves, but she isn't the most co-ordinated girl in the world (took her a LONG time to learn to ride a bike - pedalling and steering at the same time were difficult!!) and it is her first try. She kept running through to me on my computer and demonstrating the latest move - she's very cute for a grown up :-)

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I'll be trying to sort over the next month..in between Weddings,picnic and friends visiting.June is busy month for us!

Rosie said...

Janet I sent a couple of e-mails..have you received them.Hope you are ok..I'm sure you're busy.


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006