Thursday 26 July 2007

Golden Piggies UK DTC Group


I've taken the big step (for me - I'm so disorganised that I'm not sure I'll cope!!) of setting up a DTC Group on Yahoo!! Its for anyone in the UK who is DTC/LID during the Year of the Golden Pig (between 18th February 2007 and 7th February 2008). Hopefully if anyone else joins we will be able to support each other through the long wait for our referrals from the CCAA. Well that's if anyone else joins - if not I'll spend the next 3-4 years talking to myself!!!! Isn't that the first sign of madness?!?!

Well if you'd like to join click onto http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goldenpiggiesUKdtcGroup/

6 comments:

sally said...

Hi Janet, I think it will be really worrying if you start to reply to yourself. ;-)
x

Janet said...

lol - sometimes that's the only way to get a sensible answer :-)

Chairman Mom said...

Okay, then! Hello to you. I get lots of lurkers on my blog, too. It's okay, at least you know there are readers!

Fondly,

Stacey
chairmanmom.blogspot.com

Janet said...

Hi Stacey,

Love your avatar :-)

Thanks for commenting :-)

Love
Janet

Rosie said...

Janet..great idea!! It will help alot of people.I'm really proud of our Firecracker group.Good luck.

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,

If you have any tips on groups like this, I'd love to hear them - feeling a bit out of my depth at the moment!! It took me most of the afternoon to work out how to stop the messages being publically readable! Think I've fixed that now though!!

Love
Janet


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006