Saturday 21 July 2007

Quiet Day


Little Miss Sensible and The Boyfriend's plan didn't quite go to plan!! They were asleep when their friend finally arrived (2.30am!!) to deliver the book, and were awakened by a text message to say he had tried to deliver but no one answered the door!!

My copy arrived safely this morning, brought bright and early by our village Post Lady, who was quite surprised that she had to get me out of bed to answer the door - she thought I'd be ready and waiting!! I immediately started reading and have virtually read all day long, with short breaks for food/drink/toilet!!!

Little Miss Sensible had offered to look after Little Prince this morning, as she was at work after lunch, and would pick her copy up from friends house on the way home. Drama Teen was upset that she would have to wait so long to read, so persuaded Mr Messy to take her to the supermarket to get yet another copy!! It didn't go well - they only got so far and had to turn back as the road was closed and there is no other way round! Cue one very upset Drama Teen. Hero of the Day (Little Miss Sensible) offered to go and get her copy from her friend's before work - happiness restored :-) I promised LMS that I would finish my copy by the time she was home from work, and I was only about half an hour late!!!

Poor Little Prince has spent most of the day complaining how quiet it is and moaning that no one (except daddy) will play with him. Which did make me feel extremely guilty, but didn't stop me reading - what an awful mum :-( I did give him an extra long and extra bubbly bath after his tea and let him play and splash for ages. Which also gave the girls chance to read in relative peace!!

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I like all the pictures and photos Janet.Gosh I've been so busy..if I go quiet please don't worry..I'll check your blog as soon as I can.

Janet said...

I've been trying to brighten my blog up - glad you noticed and glad you like it :-)

Take care and hope we don't have a totally washed out summer hols!!

Love
Janet


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006