Sunday 12 August 2007

100 Good Wishes Quilt

Example of 100 Good Wishes Quilt found at www.originalquilts.com
I'm thinking (and definitely only thinking at the moment!!) of trying to make one of these quilts! I can sew pretty well so that shouldn't be a problem. And with Little Prince starting full time in school in September I should have more time too. Its just taking that first step and joining in an exchange that I'm being a chicken about at the moment!! I've joined the yahoo group devoted to these sorts of swaps, but they seem so professional - and I'm a complete amateur, what if I get it wrong and send the wrong sort of thing out?!?

Anyway I'm researching it to death at the moment, before I actually commit myself!! I've seen some gorgeous quilts on the internet, and seen the quality of the wishes sent with the quilt squares - its a LOT to live up to! Am I up to it?? That is the question of the moment!!

UPDATE: I've already had a few offers of swaps - so I'm going to be busy tonight sorting out my wishes :-) I think this will be fun :-)

Here's an example of a wish received with fabric, isn't that gorgeous? Found at http://www.sproutssquares.blogspot.com/

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006