Thursday 16 August 2007

Has it been THREE years???

Yes it has! It is three years since we nervously walked down the drive of Little Prince's foster mum's house, to meet our son for the first time. We had seen a few photos and seen a very short video - but this was IT! The meeting. The door to the house was open, and sat in the doorway was a small, blonde, curly haired, gorgeous little boy - MY SON :-) Words cannot describe the memories of that moment, that first sight of him. He stole my heart in that moment, and he still has it in his grubby, pudgy little hands :-) He glanced at us and scooted away in a crawl with one leg stuck out! We followed him into the lounge and I noticed that he had grabbed our Family Introduction Book (that we had sent to the foster mum a few days earlier) and thrown it across the room - he knew it was something to do with us and he wanted no part of it!! We sat in the foster mum's lounge, while her young (5 years ish) son and OUR son played on the floor. Little Prince wouldn't even look at us and seemed to have put a wide exclusion zone around us, that he wouldn't cross. He was VERY active, flitting from one toy to the next constantly, we have since learned that is how he reacts to stress, poor lad must have been scared silly. When it came time to take our leave, we were all in the tiny kitchen and our Social Worker asked why I didn't give him a hug - after all I was going to be his mum! I said I didn't want to scare him, but she encouraged me to try. That quick, snatched few second hug is still so special to me now - the very first time I held my boy :-) I'm filling up and feeling all sloppy now at the thought.

2 comments:

Whatshername's Mummy said...

What a day!
A level results and this anniversary. I'm very pleased for all of you today, LMS's results are great, but it was this news that made me cry!
Give LP a hug from me too, with love,
Kate and Alice

Janet said...

I swear being a mum brings out the sloppy genes in all of us!! Sorry to make you cry - but I made me cry too lol. Its a very special day today - I'm hoping our LID ends up being today :-)

Love and hugs to you and Alice
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006