Thursday 30 August 2007

Proud of my Brave Girl

Little Miss Sensible is currently at the doctors, having her MMR booster! She somehow missed having the injection when it was due, but remembered that she was a jab short and when she received her university bumf, which advised being totally up to date with jabs, she organised having the missing jab herself. Which is a majorly brave feat for her, as she HATES needles and has almost fainted a couple of times when having to have a jab. So Little Miss Sensible, when you read this cos I know you will :-) I am very very proud of you - you are a very grown up and brave young lady :-)
UPDATE: LMS was in a foul mood when she returned from the doctors! Not because of the injection, as she hadn't been allowed to have it!! She had to provide a urine sample, and couldn't manage - so she wasn't allowed to have the injection!! If they'd have said yesterday when we were in the surgery making the appointment, we could have brought a sample bottle home and avoided all of this!! So after psyching herself up for this, she now has to go through it all again next week!!

4 comments:

Rosie said...

Hi Janet,
You might not see me blogging for a bit.I'm so busy ...Maybe I'll blog in Sept when the boys are back at school.Student arriving from Shanghai this Sat!"!!
Help!
We are sorting out Marissas bedroom for her.Maybe I'll get to chat in mid sept..give you a call.
I'm too into facebook at the moment.take care

Rosie said...

gosh that post seemed a bit rushed!!
Let me know your LID as soon as you know!!

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,

I'll miss reading your blog updates, but it does sound like you are mega busy at the moment!!

Good luck with the Shanghai student, let me know how that goes if you get chance.

Have fun with Facebook.
Love
Janet
xxx

Cristina said...

OH, poor LMS - I can sympathise! Whenever I have to have a needle, I just lay down, as I am a real fainter! Thanks for your constant comments on my blog Janet - I really love reading them and it is nice to think that someone on the other side of the world is thinking of me!! Whereabouts in the UK are you?? I have family there, as my Dad is a Londoner.

Cristina xx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006