Saturday 15 September 2007

Passes and Pizza Hut!!

Went up to school to pick up Little Prince's bags and scooter as he was off to play at his girlfriend's house. He came out of school happily and was very excited to go and play. It was very strange to walk home on my own, although it did mean I could have a turn on his scooter!! I don't think anyone saw me lol - I'll find out at school on Monday morning!! I had to go back and pick him up by 5pm, and had to walk again (still not heard from the garage!). I had to walk past the garage owner's house and there was my car!!! Very strange - I was a bit worried that it had failed and I was on the last minute to pick up Little Prince, so just carried on. Got to girlfriend's house and Little Prince was in the front garden with only one shoe on playing with girlfriend's big sister! Got to the door to be greeted by a sobbing girlfriend and her mum, girlfriend said Little Prince hurt her. Made Little Prince say he was sorry and promise not to do, whatever he'd done again, which he did.

On the way home I talked to Little Prince about what happened, and he insisted that it was girlfriend's big sister that hurt her, and he just jumped up and said boo!! I will have to talk to girlfriend's mum on Monday and straighten it all out. Arrgh - kids who'd 'ave 'em?

And the fabulous news?? My old car passed its MOT with only minor repairs!! I was so surprised - that I asked the mechanic if he was sure?!?! He just laughed at me. Pity I hadn't realised earlier and I could have picked it up when I was walking past his house lol

As I'd left ordering my online groceries until the last minute and couldn't get a delivery slot, we went out for dinner!! We went to Pizza Hut, the food is ok and they are so family friendly and Little Prince loves it. Drama Teen was quite annoying at the meal as she had taken a book, and wouldn't talk to anyone! Fraulein had never been to Pizza Hut before, but discovered she really likes their ice cream factory :-)

Once we were home again and Little Prince was safely tucked up in his bed, I was asking the big girls to put all their washed/ironed clothes away. Fraulein got her English very confused and said she was going to put her clothes in the cardboard!! And then she took the jeans off the coat hanger and gave me the coat hanger back! I was a bit confused and she explained that in Germany you hang up tops/jumpers but fold up trousers and put them on shelves - you learn something new everyday! At least the meal out and the teasing seemed to bring her back out of her shell a little, as she has been a bit quiet and sad seeming this week.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Janet,have you seen Yahoo group?
hugs


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006