Tuesday 16 October 2007

My Kitchen

I've been tagged AGAIN by Kate. This time I've got to show you 8 things about my kitchen!! So here goes :-) And yes I tidied up before taking the photos lol. Sorry for the underlined words - I've managed to make it type like that and now can't work out how to turn it off lol.
This is the corner of my kitchen. The units were all there when we bought the house almost 10 years ago, but were an old 70's dark wood (yuk). We couldn't afford to rip it all out and start again, and I'm too superstitious to do that too!! We moved out of our last two houses within 6 months of gutting and refitting the kitchens!!! So we decided to paint the doors instead, and I think it looks pretty good :-) We just need to redo the tiling, we've even bought the tiles ready, but Mr Messy keeps looking at the job and putting it off!! The current tiles go up behind the wall cupboards and it would look odd to just tile over them, so its quite a big job and will probably wait till we finally do refit the whole thing!!
This is the view out of my kitchen window, into the garden. You can see the patio with my lovely cut tree logs - a workman was getting rid of them and let us take them off his hands, they make excellent seats (when they are dry lol). You can also see our posh gas barbeque that we bought last year and have only used about twice this year!! Oh well hopefully the weather will be better next Summer. Luckily you can't see the lawn which desperately needs mowing and is scattered with Little Prince's toys :-)
This bit shows the bright orange ceiling!! I chose the wall colour, he chose the ceiling colour, which I didn't think would work but it does :-) Its a lovely bright, happy looking room :-) You can also see the various kitchen gadgets (juicer, breadmaker, mixer and sandwich toaster) that we bought thinking they would make our lives easier and then they ended up stored up on top of the cupboards as they are just dust catchers lol. You can also see the bare plastered bit, when we moved in this was a hole (!!!) which we had boarded up and replastered, but haven't got round to painting.
This is the door to the utility room, that we had specially made. The door is made from reclaimed timber, so it looks old and in keeping with the age of the house. The stained glass is proper pieced/leaded stained glass that a very talented friend of ours designed and made - it looks gorgeous when the sun is shining through it.

This is the bag of snacks bought for Drama Teen to take with her on her trip to France! There is a lot there, but it is supposed to last her a week and have stuff she can share with the other girls in her dorm.
This is my Lakeland Plastics egg chicken - isn't he cute? You can make up to four boiled eggs in it automatically. It times them and they come out perfectly every time :-) Little Miss Sensible wants to steal it to take it to university, so I'll have to buy her another one just for her, I can't lose mine!!
This picture is my Art Gallery. All the pictures there are Little Prince's creations as the big girls don't create that much any more, now they are so grown up. I miss there pictures and paintings.
This last picture is one of my birthday presents from my Best Friend. She bought it while she was in Guangzhou on a business trip. Most of it is an ordinary Chinese tea set - apart from the figure of a little boy! Apparently if you put him in boiling water, then in cold water he will wee from his little willy!!! We haven't tried it yet, but its typical of my Best Friend's sense of humour (well and mine too if I'm being honest lol).

I now tag Rosie :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed having a peek around your kitchen Janet - looks lovely! And I think you'll enjoy the weeing boy, although stand well back...

Wai Ling x

Janet said...

Thank you for liking my kitchen :-)
I'm giggling about the weeing boy - we'll have to try it over the half term, I'm sure the kids will like it!!!
Love to all three of you, did you get my email??
Love
Janet
xxxx

Rosie said...

Janet,I know you tagged me..but I need to get a new digital camera as our one is getting too old .

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
No worries :-) It was only a bit of fun :-)
Love
Janet


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006