Sunday 7 October 2007

What do I do??

I've written before about the Dinner Lady who decided she knew best and that I was causing Little Prince to have issues! And ever since this 'intervention' I have been bringing Little Prince home for the whole lunch hour, and taking him back to school at the beginning of Afternoon lessons. I've always considered this to be a temporary, settling in measure, but now I'm not so sure!

Mr Messy, Little Miss Sensible and Fraulein all walked up to church earlier and crossed paths with Dinner Lady's eldest child. This child went through school with my elder two, and is now in college with Fraulein - child came round to chat to Fraulein about college and agreed to 'mentor' her. Well today child was walking down the opposite side of the road, with no traffic and no earphones plugged in, but completely ignored the greetings called out by my family. Odd but maybe child was distracted? After the service when walking back home again, they again saw child, who this time crossed over the road to avoid them (the side child crossed to doesn't even have a pavement) and again blanked the whole family. Fraulein was nearly in tears as she hadn't realised what had been going on and I am furious! For this child to act like this, Dinner Lady MUST have said something - breaking confidentiality. I have not said a word to any other parents (or friends in the village) about my misgivings surrounding her views on Little Prince, but she has obviously been badmouthing me to her family. How on earth can I let Little Prince stay at lunchtimes when he is ready, under this woman's 'care'???

It is the only school in the village. Taking him to a different school in the area, would set back his settling in and take him away from his group of friends (they've been together for a year and a half in nursery and in Mum's n Tot's before that). He would end up being the 'odd one out' in the village if he didn't go to the same school as everyone else, and given the close knit atmosphere of the village that would be social suicide. When he is confident and settled he is a very sociable little lad, so homeschooling him would detract from that and again make him the 'odd one out'. I have no idea what to do!! I don't even know if/how to raise this with school - should I?? Its something that happened outside of school so is it really something they need to know about/deal with?? It could be explained away and dismissed very easily by the school (and Dinner Lady) and give them even more ammunition in labeling me a neurotic mother.

So I'm totally upset. Don't know what to do. And don't know if there is anything I can do :-(

3 comments:

lara said...

What a difficult one , i think i would have to say something as i would boil over with anger .

Anonymous said...

I think I would go to the school principal, since she seemed to be understanding about the problem and just mention to her that you have not talked about the problem to anyone in order that it not get blown out of proportion. I'd tell her what has happened and the fact that Child would not do something like this unless she had been told about the incident. Just emphasize that you don't want this to get out of hand or spread all over the community as it would do harm to both your family AND the school.

Even if you can't stop things from happening, I'd at least make the principal aware of what was going on. ...You want to keep her on YOUR side...

Sounds like lunch lady is a buisy-body...

hugs my friend!!!

Rosie said...

Oh women are so annoying sometimes!! Those dinner ladies and assistants get on my nerves!!
I've had a rough few weeks aswell Janet with school and little one!! I thought it was better for you now.What to do..difficult one..either ignore it and it will blow over or just see if the behaviour continues by this family.It could be a one off thing.


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006