Tuesday 6 November 2007

Visits

Yesterday my mum and dad came over on the train to take me out for lunch. Dad used to work on the trains so they have a discount card and get vastly reduced price tickets, and now they are both retired they bob off all over the country. Me and mum went to a cafe and chatted for ages, while dad went for some liquid refreshment in one of the local pubs! One of the reasons for the visit is that they are jetting off to Australia next week to visit mum's two sisters who live over there, and aren't going to be back till after Christmas. I'm now in charge of buying the kids Christmas presents from Grandma and Grandad - hope I don't forget where I put the envelope full of money!!! Me and mum managed to chat so much that they missed their train, although we are blaming dad who told us to be back at the car at 2.05 and their train was at 2.10. We were a couple of minutes late, but I don't think I would have made it back to the station even if we had been dead on time! I had to abandon them to go and pick Little Prince up from school (which felt awful - abandoning mum and dad, not picking up Little Prince lol) but they waited in a nearby pub for the next train, and got that one safely :-) Its going to seem very strange not seeing them again until after Christmas now, and once it starts getting cold over here I'm going to be jealous of them sitting outside drinking tea by the pool, while I'm wrapped up and shivering lol. Not really - I hope they have a fabulous time, and I'm sure they will :-)

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006