Sunday 16 December 2007

Slightly Calmer Sunday!!

Mr Messy took Little Miss Sensible and Little Prince out for breakfast, which allowed me to have a lovely quiet lie in :-) Isn't he wonderful :-) Unfortunately I did eventually have to wake up, as I had to drop Drama Teen and Best Friend off at the cinema (again!) to see a different film with a different set of friends. And then drop LMS and Fraulein off at the shops to get their last minute shopping done. AND then go and trawl round the supermarket as we've run out of loads of stuff as I haven't had time to stay in and wait for our regular supermarket delivery. I managed to get most of the shopping I needed done, which was a huge relief. I had to buy a car charger for my phone as my battery had run out and I needed to get in touch with both sets of girls and arrange to pick them up!! We had arranged to meet Drama Teen and her friends at McDonalds, so once I'd picked up LMS and Fraulein we went there to eat (again - there's only so much MacFood I can take, hopefully that's the last time for a while!!).

Once we got home we did a quick tidy up and dust, well I told the girls to get on with it while I cooked and then supervised Little Prince having his tea. I also had them bring all the Christmas decorations downstairs. This is the first year we have let Little Prince join in the decorating, the past few years we have decorated while he's been in bed and he's woken up to a HUGE surprise :-) He enjoyed himself immensely and loved putting decorations on the tree, and even spread them around the tree with out being told to do so. After a while he was getting rather over excited and we ended up telling him it was bedtime - cue lots of tears and sobs that he wasn't tired. As soon as I hugged him he said he was very very tired and was going to take himself to bed, I insisted on taking him anyway and we had a lovely calming story before he fell asleep. Maybe we should have waited another year before having him help decorate?!?!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006