Saturday 19 January 2008

Busy Friday

Me and Little Miss Sensible spent the morning photographing the huge pile of Squishes I received around Christmas, and didn't blog because I was ill (and busy with Christmas). It took ages and I ended up with an aching back as I kept bending over to take the photos. We then started to blog the Squishes on my two OHGWQ blogs. We decided to use LMS's laptop so we could sit in the lounge and listen to girlie music on one of the TV's music channels, and we could wail along without disturbing Mr Messy who was working on his final OU essay of this course. We had a great time :-) It took ages though, as LMS's laptop somehow made the formatting of the Blog posts a bit different. We managed to Blog about a quarter of the Squishes - we'll have to work on the rest over the weekend.

When Mr Messy had finished his essay, me and him set off for OU HQ in Milton Keynes!! The essay was due in on Friday and he would fail his course if he didn't submit it!! Talk about leaving it till the last minute!!! LMS agreed to pick Little Prince up from school and look after him until we got back, so me and Mr Messy could spend some time together. With three kids (4 if you count Fraulein) you have to take your opportunities whenever they pop up lol. We listened to the radio and chatted all the way there, had our tea together at a motorway services (highly romantic lol) on the way home. And even had time to stop off at a shop to buy the kids some chocolate on the way home.

Once we were home and Little Prince was asleep, LMS started to play on the piano. She has taken the fact that it is going a LOT harder than I ever thought she would. If I had realised how strongly she felt about it I wouldn't have decided to get rid of it, however, the deed is done and the pick up is arranged for Saturday morning!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also have about 10 squares to take pictures and post, they soon mount up. In your case I think you dont want to post them as when you have 100 to have got to start sewing lol:). Just kidding your quilts will be beautiful. I just hope our children appreciate all the effort!

Love S

Has LMS forgiven you yet?

Janet said...

I hadn't realised I had so many!! Oh no I have to start sewing!! Arrgh I thought it would be ages before I had to do the scary bit lol!!!!
Of course the kids won't appreciate our efforts - not until they are old enough to realise how much work went into it, so probably once they are grown up themselves lol.
I'm not sure LMS will ever forgive me!! I'm just on tenterhooks waiting for them to return from London and start shouting at me!!! Wish I'd never thought of getting rid of the darn thing!!!
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006