Saturday 26 January 2008

Little Prince's Birthday Worries

As it gets nearer to Little Prince's birthday he has been coming out with some odd things. He keeps talking about mummies that never see their boys again, when I probed a bit more deeply about this, it turns out he was thinking of Tummy Mummy. He has also been quite clingy, and even cried and said he was worried mummy wasn't coming back, when I went out to run a few errands and left him with Little Miss Sensible. Then when I did get back he spent a long time sat on my knee, sucking his thumb and cuddling his blankie. He has also mentioned being lonely or at other times he has said he is sad, but doesn't really know why. I think he is getting to the age when he is starting to understand that his living in our family, means he has lost another family. It probably isn't helping that he has also recently lost The EX (who he idolised) and he thinks it is something he has done to make The EX go away. Poor little lad :-( We are trying our best to be extra reassuring, and giving him the cuddles and closeness he obviously needs at the moment. Its heartbreaking seeing my precious little boy so sad though - I want to fix it, to make him feel better and I know I can't, I have to accept that I just have to be there to support him and reassure him. Love you Little Prince xxxxx

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

All my friends send lots of love and hugs to him

LMS
xxx

Anonymous said...

Poor little thing :( Big cyber hugs!

Love S

Rosie said...

Arrh.I really feel for him.BIG HUGE HUG.Hes such a gorgeous,sweet boy.

Janet said...

Thank you everyone :-)


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006