Thursday 21 February 2008

Bit more positive

I've spent yesterday and today chasing up every avenue I can to try and find definitive answers to whether or not we can continue with our Chinese adoption application. I fear I already know the answer and can feel myself disassociating from China, which is sad. However, one of the new avenues I'm exploring is starting to look pretty positive. It will probably be possible to adopt a child that fits the profile (age, gender and health) we would like. It also looks like it could be a very quick process, and it could be as early as the middle of next year when we adopt. And to top it all one of my friend's in our village is from the country we are considering, her little boy is a year younger than Little Prince and they are friends!! How cool is that?!?! I'm not ready to say where we are considering publically, until we are totally certain this is what we want to do. But watch this space...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still feeling positive, it is sad if you don't manage it but like I've said before, everything happens for a reason.

Lots of Love
Baby Sis
xxxx

Rosie said...

I am quite excited to hear your positive news and hope that it all works out.Maybe there is a reason in all this.


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006