Friday 1 February 2008

Tranquility :-)

Me and my friend went off to a spa yesterday, and it was heavenly :-) We had decided to try and lose 2lbs a week for the three weeks before our spa day, my friend made it (6lbs down yeah) and I managed to lose 3 1/2lbs, which I'm quite happy about as the healthy amount to lose is 1-2lbs per week :-) Anyway onto the spa...
We set off straight after dropping the children off at school, and drove through some awful rain, hail and wind to get there!! Luckily it was worth it :-) We booked in were given our bath robes/slippers and towels and shown around. It was very posh!! We also managed to book ourselves onto a treatment each, my friend chose a body brushing and I chose a hydrotherapy treatment. My friend was not impressed with her treatment, it only lasted 15 mins and wasn't really what she expected or worth the over £30 she paid! Mine on the other hand was heavenly. I was shown into the private treatment room, where a large, very deep bath was already full of hot seaweed infused water (looked a bit murky lol). The therapist demonstrated the different powers of the jets, and I chose the gentlest setting and lay there soaking (and almost dozing) and relaxing. The therapist came back into the room and gave me a scalp massage, which was also very very relaxing. I got her to turn the jets up to their full power, as I thought I'd better try and wake up a little lol, and lay there being pummelled, which wasn't quite as relaxing but still lovely :-) All too soon my time was up and I had to leave boohoo :-( I rejoined my friend, and then sat on one of the loungers while she swam a few lengths, then we went for our lunch. Lunch was lovely but the portions were teensy - definitely an 'all plate and no dinner' style place!! After lunch we spent a few hours in the heat rooms, some of which were so hot I felt I could hardly breath!! There were some foot spas there too, and I think I preferred that bit.
Once we had our fill of being steamed, heated and saunaed we decided to set off home and call into a shopping centre on the way. Before we left we were persuaded to take advantage of the offer for a free blow-dry in the hair salon. It was a good job we did as the weather suddenly turned absolutely foul - it was blowing a blizzard outside and I was so glad to be nice and warm and dry inside!! Luckily the weather had cleared by the time we had finished having our hair done, and it was nice to know we wouldn't look like a pair of Sweaty Bettys at the shops lol.
I rang home while we were shopping, and was extremely worried to find out that Mr Messy was feeling very unwell and probably had a migraine. He was supposed to be picking up LMS from the train station (she was coming home to attend a funeral on Friday) but was obviously in no fit state to do so. I persuaded my friend that we could leave earlier and pick LMS up ourselves, which she was very disappointed about as we had planned to spend ages shopping then have a meal and return home later. She was also very very unsure of the route to the station, and despite my reassurances that I knew where we needed to go, she was very nervous about the prospect. She was a complete star though, and got us safely to the station well before we needed to be there, so we were waiting once LMS's train arrived.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006