Sunday 2 March 2008

After the conference

I had got Mr Messy to book me onto a train quite a bit later in the evening, rather than straight after the conference ended, so that I'd have chance to explore the shops. However, faced with the worry of getting lost (I'd forgotten my little guide book with maps in) I headed straight for the tube station. I chickened out of shopping altogether and went straight to the train station. After checking my tickets would be valid, I got on the next available train. I was texting my friend and it turned out we were on the same train lol. She came and joined me, she had booked the First Class upgrade too :-) And the journey flew by, as we chatted the whole way home too. I was very impressed with the amount of leg room and comfiness of the seats in First Class - I'll have to do that again one day :-) Hint hint if you're reading Mr Messy lol. Mr Messy and Little Prince met me off the train and once I'd detached my limpet we set off home again. We called at KFC on the way home, and the food was dry and pretty horrible, or could it be that I was stuffed full of junk that I'd bought myself for the train journey lol.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can easily get used to first class can't you :-)
Sounds like you had a good time of it down in the big smoke. Shame you weren't brave enough to have a bit more of a wander about (or even buy yourself a little map to see what was where). I mean it can't be that scary, I lived there for a few years.

Baby Bro

Janet said...

Mr Messy just said "hurmph" when I said I could so easily get used to first class lol.
Had a great time in London, but much too chicken on my own lol. You're bigger than me, perhaps that's why it wasn't so scary for you lol
Love
Janet
xxxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006