Sunday 2 March 2008

Journey to OASIS/BAAF Conference

I set off on Friday evening, after Mr Messy had finished work, he was on a jobsite fairly near to home, so was home early enough to drop me off at the train station. Once we were on our way, I got quite nervous about going down to London on my own, worrying if I could find the restaurant where I was meeting people (or should I chicken out and go straight to the hotel?!?) and all sorts of other worries!!! After having some really clingy tight hugs from Little Prince I got on the train and found my seat, Mr Messy and Little Prince pretended to race the train when I set off - which Little Prince looked to be loving :-) I was sat next to a very chatty business man on the train, and we chatted most of the journey. He then very kindly took me to the right Tube stop and pointed out on the map which way I should be going - what a nice man :-)

Once I got off the tube I followed the directions on the map I'd printed out, and after a 20 minute walk I finally found the restaurant, near Harrods- I was so relieved!! But also disappointed that Harrods was already shut, Mr Messy would probably be relieved lol. I chatted to the people I was meeting while they ate their dinner, wishing I'd had more than a snack on the train, once they'd finished we went to the Tube station to go to the hotel. I hadn't realised (and Mr Messy hadn't told me!!) that I only had a one use Tube ticket, not a rover type ticket - no wonder the machine kept rejecting it!! The lovely lady who was manning the station said that as I was only going a couple of stops, that she'd let me through and to act dumb at the other end!! I felt so naughty!!! It worked though :-)

The hotel we were staying at had a huge marble lobby, and looked very posh, although nice the rooms didn't quite match the first impressions lol. Me and my friend chatted and gossiped until the early hours, which was a lot of girlie fun :-) I knew I'd regret it when the alarm went off the next morning lol.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006