Sunday 2 March 2008

MY Mother's Day

I had a lovely lie in - I did tease Drama Teen that I stayed in bed so long because I was waiting for my breakfast in bed though. She didn't fall for it lol. When I did get up I had to rush to get ready so that me and Mr Messy could take Little Prince to his swimming lesson. He did really well this week, his teacher attempted to teach him the front crawl. Little Prince's technique leaves a little to be desired - there is a lot of arm and leg flailing and a lot of splashing, but not very much forward movement lol. As usual he thoroughly enjoyed himself and didn't want to come out at the end of his lesson, that was probably due to the giant inflatable Yellow Submarine that had been put in the pool for the play session. Once home I was given lovely Mother's Day cards one from Fraulein, and the other from Drama Teen & Little Prince (LMS assures me hers is in the post lol) and was presented with a daffodil that Little Prince had been growing at school. I don't think he remembered that I'd already seen it when I carried it home from school last Friday lol. I dropped Drama Teen off at the cinema to watch National Treasures with her Young Man, and came home and cooked a cordon bleu tea for everyone. Well actually I shoved a couple of pizzas in the oven and we ate them - its Mother's Day, you don't expect me to actually cook do you?!?! I took Little Prince to bed, while Mr Messy went to pick Drama Teen up again. Tomorrow I must remember to post my mum's and both mother-in-law's Mother's Day cards and order them all a bouquet of flowers!! Or my name will be MUD!!!

2 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!!!!!!
with love
s

Janet said...

Thank you and Happy Mother's Day to you too :-)
I loved what your children wrote for you on your blog :-)
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006