Tuesday 11 March 2008

Today's waffle

Mr Messy worked from home, so that he could take LMS back to university once Little Prince and Drama Teen were home from school. He took Drama Teen to school in the car this morning, as she loves not having to get on the school bus if she doesn't have to!! He also picked her up after school, and she actually remembered he was going to do that and didn't get on the bus, and leave him waiting in the car park wondering where she was!! LMS took Little Prince to school, which meant I could have a bit of a lie in :-) Aren't they lovely :-) I wanted to have a shower when I got up, but couldn't as our shower has broken!! With three teenage girls (and me) in the house that is a MAJOR CATASTROPHE!!! Me and Mr Messy found time to get to the DIY store and buy a new one, and I've arranged for my friendly local handyman to come and fit it tomorrow - phew :-) Earlier today me and LMS went to pick up the last bits of colour photocopying I needed for the most complicated 100 good wishes swap I've ever joined!! I really believe I bit off more than I could chew with this swap, and its taking me forever to get it sorted out and sent to everyone.

Me and LMS picked Little Prince up from school, and he was seriously not impressed that LMS was going to go almost straight back to university, even though we explained that she would be back on Saturday for her Easter holidays. He was still very sad and upset that she was going :-( As soon as Mr Messy and Drama Teen got back from school, they loaded up the car and set off for university :-(

It was Fraulein's college parent's evening, so once she returned home from college she had 1/2 hour to get herself sorted out before we set off back to college. Unfortunately as Mr Messy and LMS weren't here, I had to take all the kids with me. At the first tutor, I tried to leave Little Prince with Drama Teen but he just misbehaved and played up - so after that he had to sit on my knee and be quiet!! Luckily we weren't with any of the tutors for very long, as they were all very pleased with Fraulein, and predicted that she will get A's in all her AS levels :-) Hearing this upset Fraulein for some reason, and she was grumpy and out of sorts for the rest of the evening!! Strange girl!!! I think she is too much of a perfectionist, and doesn't think she is doing as well as she is, so resents being told she is doing well. After we'd finished at college we went to the supermarket to get Drama Teens ingredients for her cookery class, and then as it was getting late I took them all to McDonalds for tea - I couldn't face getting home and then having to cook.

When we got back home it was time for Little Prince's bedtime, he must have been tired as he didn't argue at all!! Fraulein then started to panic about a letter she has to send to her exchange programme to say what date she is returning to Germany - she can't find it!! She is convinced she gave it to Mr Messy, but when I got in touch with him he is adamant that she kept hold of it!! In the end she rang her programme co-ordinator, and I hope they managed to sort it out between them - she didn't come downstairs to let me know, so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed!! As I had a loooooooong evening stretching out before me (I won't be able to sleep till Mr Messy gets home and that's supposed to be around 2am!!!) I decided to get on with sorting out the complicated 100 good wishes swap. I think I'm almost finished YEAH!!! I'll be able to get it in the post tomorrow and that will be a huge relief, as I've been feeling so bad that I'm behind in sending the swaps out.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006