Wednesday 23 July 2008

Electrics!

Yesterday we all noticed a strange smell in the dining room, but couldn't work out what it was or where it was coming from - fairly worrying!! Until we went into the Utility Room that is! The plug socket for the extension that my washing machine and tumble drier plug into had blown - and melted and burnt out some of the plastic (which made the funny smell!!). Urgh!!! I can't be without my washing machine and tumble drier - I've a Little Prince who gets mucky as only little boys can!! Luckily my friendly, neighbourhood handyman was able to get hold of a new face plate for the socket and had time to come round and fix it :-) The inside of the socket showed signs of damp - which is very annoying as we had a brand new damp course put in throughout the house when we moved here! How long are those things supposed to last for?! I thought that once they were done, that was it the house would be damp proof forever - apparently not!! To try and catch up with the washing/drying I had both machines running at once, something I do regularly. Obviously my new socket isn't happy with that idea, and the fuse in the extension blew! So now I've got washing and drying piling up and can only use one machine at once! Urgh!! Drama Teen goes on her annual activity holiday next week, and I need to get her stuff washing, dried and ironed (to top it all my ironing lady is on holiday and I have to iron my own stuff!!!!). Drama Teen comes back (no doubt with every single thing she took needing washing) the Friday before we go on holiday on the Monday - so I NEED my washer and drier to be working!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We ALL noticed the smell did we...? I seem to remember keep coming in going "Mum what's that smell?" and you looking at me like I'd gone nuts :p

LMS (as nit-picky as ever)
xxxx

Janet said...

I NOTICED it!! I just didn't do any investigating!!
Love
Mummy
xxx

Anonymous said...

Then why look at me like that? :P

LMS

xxx

Janet said...

I didn't look at you all funny!! I probably just looked grumpy because everyone kept interrupting me to ask what the funny smell was, and I couldn't be bothered to investigate!!
Lots of love
Mummy
xxx

Rosie said...

I can't survive without a washing machine with three boys and a hubby!

Anonymous said...

Have you tried running a heavy duty extension cord from one of them to another circuit in the house? That way, you can use BOTH the washer and the dryer..
It's not the best solution, but at least it would help you to get caught up..
p.s....if you have to, bring your clothes dirty when you come and you can wash them here. :>)

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
Exactly!! I think I could do without just about any other appliances in the house apart from the washer and dryer lol.
Love
Janet
xxx

Janet said...

Hi Cabbage Queen,
That's a great idea :-) But I think the mad kittens would try and eat the wire!! So far I'm managing as the weather is lovely and warm, so getting things dry is easy :-)
I think Mr Messy and the girls are planning on not bringing much and doing LOTS of shopping - as usual!!!
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006