Tuesday 29 July 2008

New Washing Machine

My old washer (well not old I've only had it about 3 years or so) had started making the most horrendous clunking noises in the last week or so, but I ignored it and hoped it would go away!! Well yesterday Mr Messy heard it and declared it 'broken' and told me to stop using it and get the repair man in. Urgh!! As if I don't have enough to do getting ready to go on holiday next week!!! Well I rang my usual repair man and described the problem and told him what make it was, he said the bearings had gone and it was a common fault with Creda machines. He also said that modern appliances are only made to last about 5 years, and with the hammering my washer gets (at least one wash per day!) it probably wasn't worth repairing! This man is very honest and has been repairing my washers for years now, and always tells me if its worth getting them repaired or if they are ready for the scrap heap, so I trust him. He also supplies new washing machines and so I ordered a new one, I can't be without my washer!! Luckily he is very local and could come and deliver and install it TODAY :-) So I am now the proud owner of a brand new Hoover washing machine, which was in use within minutes of the repair man leaving the house lol.

4 comments:

Mac said...

Oh my, Janet! I have been trying to catch up on your posts and I am in stitches over some of your writings. Your life is so busy and crazy that I get exhausted just reading your posts:)
Love the new washer! We had to replace our washer and dryer about 6 months ago after only having the last ones three years! Why can't they last longer? So, we finally caught up with everyone else and got front loaders. I have never been so excited to have a new washer and dryer! I loved all of the buttons and gadgets so much that I am still thrilled to do laundry 6 months later. I don't mind washing, I just dislike folding clothes!lol
Have fun with that new washer and keep on posting. I can't always reply, but reading your blog just keeps me laughing and I've realized that my life is not so hectic after all, you should write a book:)

Janet said...

Hi Mac,
Lovely to hear from you and glad you enjoy my ramblings :-)
I love my life and wouldn't have it any other way, well maybe I'd have the kids and Mr Messy tidier, and me thinner and hmmm what else lol :-)
My new machine has loads of gadgets too :-) You can programme it to come on 3/6/9 hours after you press start!! No more getting musty smelling washing out in a morning if I've put a wash on at bedtime :-) I don't mind the washing, or the drying or even the putting it away - its the ironing I HATE!! Luckily I've got a lady in the village who does that for me - my Ironing Angel :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Mac said...

Ironing? What's ironing? That's what the dry cleaners are for:) I knew it! I knew you'd have someone in the village that does your ironing, just like you have grocery stores that deliver! That's just so wrong, I feel so cheated:(

Janet said...

Hi again Mac,
Sorry you feel so cheated lol I couldn't be without my Ironing Angel!! Don't know how you survive without grocery deliveries and Ironing Angels!!!
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006