Friday 29 August 2008

More catching up

Visiting Dad
After spending some time at Mum's (and chatting with Aunt and Uncle from Oz) Mr Messy took Little Prince and LMS home. Me and Drama Teen stayed at Mum's house and then me and Baby Sis went to hospital to visit Dad. It was so good to see him, he was looking so well (considering lol) and way better than the other ill looking men in the ward! He was his typical self, rolling his eyes and complaining about the man in the bed opposite who kept ringing his bell to get the nurse's attention. He can be such a b*tch lol.
Overnight at Baby Sis's House
That evening me and Drama Teen stayed with Baby Sis at her house. We had to go to the supermarket to buy undies and pyjamas for me and Drama Teen as we couldn't face trying to find what we needed in all the suitcase!! We also had to get ourselves some English choccies and pringles lol. Baby Sis and her fiance made us a lovely tea of bolognaise, which is what Drama Teen had requested. We were very tired and I went to bed at around 7.30pm, Drama Teen stayed up later, but I was fast asleep so don't know when she went to bed!! I woke up at 2am and couldn't get back to sleep, so spent a few hours sat in bed in the dark (didn't want to disturb anyone) listening to my iPod and eating my Pringles!! I did eventually get back to sleep, but was so tired in the morning when my alarm went off. Not as tired as Drama Teen who almost cried and said she wanted to stay in bed (the sofa!) and wasn't bothered about having her brace removed!!
Adventures on Public Transport
Once I finally persuaded Drama Teen to wake up we started to search for some breakfast! In vain!! Baby Sis did apologise later, but it had just been payday and they hadn't had time to shop!! We ate American Smarties for breakfast!! We followed the instructions on the note Baby Sis left and managed to get the right bus to the city centre. The bus driver had a problem with his ticket machine, and started pulling reams and reams of paper out, we sat at the bus stop for about 15 minutes and were worried that we wouldn't get to the orthodontist in time. Luckily whatever the problem was got sorted out and we made it in time. Finding the next bus turned out to be a problem, as the bus Baby Sis told us didn't exist! Eventually we found the right bus and got to the orthodontist, what a journey when you're jetlagged!!
Bye Bye Brace FOREVER
We spent ages with the orthodontist as she had to remove Drama Teen's lower brace (which sounds better than bottom brace lol) and take an impression to make a new upper retainer, as she lost the old one at her Summer Camp!!! I wasn't too pleased when I found out that I had to pay to replace it either!! And she has been told to take really good care of the new one!! Anyway she was thrilled to bits to finally (after 3-4 years) have her brace taken off :-) And she looks stunning :-) Well she always does look stunning, but now she's even more stunning :-) When our appointment had finished Drama Teen gave her orthodontist a t-shirt she'd bought for her in America. Her orthodontist is Norwegian, and the town's sports team is X Vikings - so it was perfect :-) We couldn't believe how excited the orthodontist got, she ran into the receptionist's office to show them too lol.
When we got out of the hospital I took a photo of Drama Teen with my camera, and then asked her to send it to her Dad and sister, as I'm useless at mobile phone technology and don't know how to do it!! She duly sent it off to the number marked "Dad's Mobile" lol. Her Grandad was thrilled to see the picture lol.
More later...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not my fault that buses didn't exist. I went on teh travel website and it told me those buses!!!

Baby Sis
xxx

Anonymous said...

It's not my fault that buses didn't exist. I went on teh travel website and it told me those buses!!!

Baby Sis
xxx

Janet said...

lol I didn't say it was anyone's fault! I just said what happened!!
Love
Me
xxxx

Anonymous said...

You should have asked your Baby Bro. I mean I only go into the big city each day for work.

Baby Bro

Janet said...

Hi Baby Bro,
I was too jetlagged to think of that lol.
Love
Me
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006