Sunday 31 August 2008

Not a lot happening

Mr Messy came downstairs with Little Prince this morning allowing me to have a lovely lie in :-) LMS is jealous as she had to get up early to go to an early morning showing of Clone Wars with her friends! Its been out for so long now that they only have one showing per day, and its early!! Me and Drama Teen got some more of her room sorted out, and filled the car up with rubbish ready to go to the tip. I was on my way to the tip, when I saw my Best Friend "Mad Cat Lady" waving madly at me and driving towards our house, so I turned round and went home to see her. Its the first time I've seen her since she looked after the kittens while we were away, and since her birthday last week. She and her Hubby went to Dublin for her birthday, and of course bought Little Prince a pressie - they spoil him!! Anyway I gave her her "thank you" present and her birthday present. She squeaked lots over her Crocs mobile phone holder, with Minnie Mouse widget!! I told her she would get her proper birthday present while we were in Disney and then had to almost gag Little Prince who was desperate to tell her!

Mr Messy was out dropping Drama Teen at the cinema, where she would stay all afternoon with her friends watching two films and going to McDonalds in between. Once he got home we set off for another of our friends so that Mr Messy could show them the photos he took of their daughter and sons a few weeks ago. They absolutely loved the photos, even the teenage daughter who had been convinced she wouldn't look good - she looked stunning :-) We called at Burger King on the way home as Little Prince was convinced he was going to die of starvation if he had to wait a moment longer to eat!!

When we got home I had to set straight off to pick Drama Teen back up again. I misjudged the length of the drive there and sat in the car waiting for about 20 minutes. When Drama Teen finally emerged she stood looking round while I flashed my lights at her for ages, before she rang me up wondering where I was!!! We gave one of her friends a lift home, before finally setting off home ourselves.

I'd had a message from LMS to ring my Mum earlier, and this was the first chance I'd had. Apparently my Dad's prostate is enlarged, and until that has shrunk and his waterworks are back in working order, he can't come home. So, disappointingly, he won't be allowed to come home tomorrow :-( They are hoping he will be discharged on Tuesday instead, fingers crossed he's well enough by then.

3 comments:

Rosie said...

Ah,your poor Dad,hes been through alot.

Mac said...

Janet,
I hope your Dad gets to come home very soon. He must be going mad being in there for so long.

Janet said...

He's on his way home NOW :-) I'm thrilled to bits - and bet he's excited too lol
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006