Friday 29 August 2008

Quick catch up the rest of the week!

We were all very tired, well all except Little Prince!! So we haven't done too much since we got back from our hols. We had our hair cut on Sat 23rd August, and arranged to have Drama Teen's hair permanently dyed by our hairdresser before she starts back at school.
Afrika-Afrika
We went to see this show and it was absolutely amazing! I had booked us tickets in a box, right up next to the stage, so we had a fabulous view. The tickets also meant that we were served an African buffet before the show, and African desserts in the interval - yum yum :-) And both Drama Teen and Little Prince got a t-shirt too. If the show comes on anywhere near you GO AND SEE IT!! It was just wonderful from the stomach-churning antics of the contortionists, to the spectacular pole gymnastics, to the highly entertaining unicycle basketball!! I'm so glad we went :-)

We've had various car troubles and LMS's little rover ended up in the garage needing a new timing belt and other engine bits! So I had to hire a car (nice little Polo) to enable me to get over to visit Dad in hospital. He had his bypass operation, which ended up being a triple bypass, on Tuesday. I've since visited him and he looks very well, especially compared to some of the other VERY ill looking people on his ward. He was only kept in ICU for about 24 hours, and then the High Dependency ward for a day, before being transfered back to the ordinary Cardiac Ward (while I was visiting with Baby Sis) and they expect him to be discharged home early next week :-) Which is an amazing recovery and I'm so happy and relieved :-)

LMS went to an Anime themed party, wearing a dress from China, via Ebay, that looked gorgeous and fitted her like a glove. She put the photos on her usual social networking site, and won't allow me or her Dad to see them - I dread to think!!!

Little Prince restarted his swimming lessons today, and had a great time splashing around in the pool. He told me he knew what his teacher looked like - she has brown hair and wears a swimsuit!!

As far as I know that is all catched up and up to date - hopefully I'll get back into the habit of blogging each day and not get behind again. Now I'm not jetlagged or worried sick over my Dad I'm sure I'll manage it :-)

2 comments:

Rosie said...

I haven't been blogging that much either as the boys are driving me nuts with"I'm bored".I love the summer hols but I think 4 weeks is about right!!! LOL!!

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
Hope you and the boys have a good rest of the Summer hols!! We went out and bought the last bits we needed for Drama Teen and Little Prince today, so I think we are all set for next week :-)
Love
Janet


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006