Tuesday 12 August 2008

Thinking of you Dad

My sister (Baby Sis) has been trying to get hold of me for a few days, but our mobile phones have stopped working! Its been worrying as I've been wondering what on earth was going on for her to be wanting to ring me while we were out here! I bought a phone card the last time we were in Walmart and rang her yesterday, unfortunately I just missed her so just spoke to her answermachine!! Today I tried again when I knew she would be back home from work. I spent ages trying to get the phone card to work, and in the end Cabbage Queen said just dial without using the card - and I got straight through!! Thank you so much Cabbage Queen :-)

Baby Sis's first words were "Don't panic but..." and of course I panic!!! Apparently our Dad is in hospital following what they think is a mild heart attack. He is being kept in the medical assessment unit and has to wear a heart monitor. He can't be that poorly as he is whinging that he is bored and miffed that he has missed a cricket match at Old Trafford lol.

Baby Sis has promised to keep us updated by email now that she has told us "in person" its not the sort of news you can put in an email or text! We got a message from her later to say that the hospital was trying to transfer Dad to a different hospital for an angiogram, before bringing him back to his original hospital.

Its hard being all the way over here and not being able to speak to him or my Mum. I promised Baby Sis I wouldn't let it spoil our holiday, as Dad had been worried that telling me would do that! So for him I am going to try my very best to have a GREAT time for the rest of our stay.

Stay well Daddy I'm thinking about you, big hugs from your biggest girl :-)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got my new phone so can show him this when I go up later.

Big Hugs
Baby Sis
xxxxxxxx

lara said...

I hope he makes afull recovery quickly and that you continue to have an amazing holiday.
Lara x

Anonymous said...

He's bored. Very bored, but in the best place for him, the hospital.

Baby Bro.

Mac said...

Oh Janet,
I'll keep your Dad in my thoughts and prayers and wish him a full and speedy recovery.
Do your best to continue to have a wonderful holiday, and know your Dad is in good hands.

Anonymous said...

Dad rang me this morning (must have been bored!!) as he'd tried to text but couldn't find how to send it lol

He did get your message last night but as it didn't say it was from you he just ignored it!! He's read it now though and said thanks :)

Baby Sis

xxxxxxxx

Janet said...

Hi Baby Sis and Baby Bro,
Thanks for looking after him :-) Keep letting me know how he is, apart from bored lol.
Lots of love
Big Bossy Sis
xxxxx

Janet said...

Hi Lara and mac,
Thank you :-) Your kind thoughts mean a lot to me.
Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dad Janet, hope all is OK. Will just send you a quick email.

love WL xx

suzanne said...

Hugs, wishing him a speedy recovery

Janet said...

Hi S,
Thank you :-)
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006