Tuesday 23 September 2008

Cheered up

Well going out and doing a bit of retail therapy cheered me up :-) I got my glasses fixed - which is good as I can barely see to fasten the screw that had come loose (NO comments about loose screws!!!). I was disappointed that they couldn't fix my sunglasses though, I tried a different opticians on the off chance that they would be able to help - and they did! For free!!! So my favourite Mickey sunglasses are all ready to go in the case and off to Florida :-)

I got a phone call from a very upset LMS when I was about to set off home! She is very sad and homesick, her housemates are annoying her, she is tired and she is fed up :-( I wish there was more I could do than mutter platitudes!! Its so hard having your babies sad and not being able to even give them a hug!!! I got Mr Messy to ring her too and have spoken to her since then and she seems slightly better and a bit more cheerful. Hopefully once lectures start and their internet is connected things will get even better and she will settle down again. Love you LMS xxxxx

When I was almost home I got another phone call, from Drama Teen! I said I was almost home and she said she would tell me her news once I got home then!! Of course I insisted on knowing what she was on about right away! She had hurt her finger playing basketball in PE, and it was all swollen and bruised!!! This is the daughter who has broken her thumb twice before, usually just before we go on holiday!!! So I was a bit panicky!!! OK OK I was VERY panicky!!!! I raced the rest of the way home, rang the doctors and then we sped off to the surgery!! Passing my friend and her husband (a Policeman!!!) at high speed through the village!!! The doctor wasn't sure if it was broken or not, and recommended using cold compresses and seeing how it was doing in a couple of hours! I spoke to Mr Messy and he said that as he is working away most of this week, and as I'm off on holiday at the end of the week it was probably best to get it checked properly at casualty this evening!!! So I've arranged for Mad Cat Lady to come and look after Little Prince and me and Drama Teen will go to casualty and get her finger x-rayed and see what's happened. Keep your fingers crossed it isn't broken - its her right hand (she's right handed) and she's just started her GCSEs!!!! Its never dull around here!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi J

Sorry to hear you've been feeling sad xx Glad that today has been better, I hope Drama Teen's finger is OK tho!

Thanks again for the lovely parcel, our little one is still having fun with it!

Take care
love WL xx

Janet said...

Hi WL,
I always get like this when the kids first go back to school (or uni lol) after Summer. I love having them around and it takes me a while to get used to how quiet the house is without them!
Glad your little princess is still enjoying her pressies :-)
Love
Janet
PS Drama Teen's finger is broken!!


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006