Friday 31 October 2008

Halloween

After the fruitless pumpkin search, we got back home and Drama Teen got ready to go to a Halloween party at a friend's house. She was dressing as a funky black cat! I dropped her off just as her friends were coming out of the house to go Trick or Treating. I couldn't persuade Drama Teen to put a jacket on, so it was quite worrying watching her go off with her mates. Especially as it has turned so cold recently! When I got back home LMS and Little Prince were all dressed in their costumes (a witch and a skeleton respectively) and dived straight into the car and we drove to the other end of the village to meet up with a group of other Mums and kids to take the kids Trick or Treating. We spent an hour wandering round the village knocking on doors and the children all got quite a large selection of sweets and chocolates :-) Then we all piled round to one of the other mother's houses as we were all invited to a Halloween Party. I dropped Little Prince off and went to take LMS back home, as her feet were killing her and her broom was out of petrol :-) As it was optional for the parents to stay at the party or not, I stayed at home with LMS for an hour to see Mr Messy when he came home from work. I left Mr Messy and LMS to sort out tea while I went to pick Little Prince up from the party. The party was still going full swing with the kids engrossed in a party game. So I chatted with my friends and let Little Prince finish playing with his friends :-) I ended up staying for a lot longer than I thought I would and was getting a bit worried about my tea being burnt! I eventually persuaded Little Prince that the party was over and we came home. Where I found that LMS and Mr Messy hadn't even decided what to have for tea, let alone started cooking it!! I was NOT happy and grumped around! I had to get Little Prince to bed before going out (again!) to pick Drama Teen up from her party. When I got there the girls admitted that they hadn't Trick or Treated for that long as it was so cold, and had gone back to the house to play on the Wii lol. Me and Drama Teen were both hungry so we called at the chippie on the way home. After eating we all watched Pirates of the Caribbean together. Well Drama Teen watched some of it, before getting cross with her Dad for batting one of the (real!) cats away from her cat costume. She said he was hitting the cat, he said he was protecting her costume and she spent the rest of the evening in her room. I wish both of them would learn to see the other's point of view a little more and not be so convinced that only they are right!!! Families!!!!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006