Saturday 11 October 2008

More de-cluttering done!!

This morning Mr Messy got up with Little Prince, I was supposed to get up too but fell asleep again! Mr Messy woke me up when it was almost time for him to go out on a photographing trip with his camera club. Drama Teen was also invited on this trip, but said the destination was boring and she didn't want to go. After waking me up Little Prince was obviously in the mood for waking people up and got his sisters up too!! They weren't pleased!! I pottered around sorting things out and tidying up, before having to go for a bath (I much prefer showers) as the shower is still broken! Then I went to the local DIY shop to get a new shower, ours isn't that old but I can't find the receipt so I can't take it back!! Our Handyman called before I got back, but luckily said he could come back later and get the shower fitted :-) He came back soon after lunch and spent ages fiddling to get the new shower in. Its the same make as the old one, but a Mark II model, and had a completely different back plate unfortunately! But luckily after a lot of faffing and drilling and hammering we now have a working shower again :-) He only charged me £20 but it would have been worth double that, just to stop the girls complaining that they couldn't have a shower!!

While all this was going on Mr Messy had returned from his photography trip, and I'd made him start helping me sort out the cr*p in our bedroom. We've been totally ruthless and got rid of loads, my boot is once more stuffed full of things to go to the tip. And I've got two huge bags of things to go to the charity shop on Monday too. And even after all that we STILL have more stuff to sort out!! Where does all this cr*p come from?!?! And why does it all materialise in MY house?!?! Tomorrow's assignment is to sort out the dining room!! I think I'll have to go to the tip first as there's no more room for anything else in my car!!!

3 comments:

Mac said...

Ok, I can usually follow you, but this American has no idea what the "tip' is. Is it the junk yard? I know the boot is what we Americans call the car "trunk," correct?

Anyway, sounds like you are getting some much needed cleaning done. I need to follow your lead and do the same. We have soooo much cr*p. Especially, in our basement. Do you call it a basement?
Tell Mr. Messy Happy Belated Birthday! I haven't been online much and missed that post:(

Janet said...

Hi mac,
The 'tip' or 'dump' is the local civic recycling centre. You can take all your rubbish that won't fit in your household wheelie bin (garbage can on wheels) and get rid of it. I have no idea what you would call in over there lol. And yes my car's boot is the same as your car's trunk :-) Two countries seperated by a common language lol.
I'll pass on the birthday greetings to Mr Messy :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Mac said...

Thanks for the lesson, Janet! Yes, we call it the dump here too. I am about to call the trash man to come get some stuff to take to the dump:) We have loads of cr*p in the basement:) My hope is to one day soon have the basement cleared out so that we can finish it. The extra living space would be nice:)


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006