Wednesday 26 November 2008

Toes :-)

I am beginning to think (and hope!) that my toes are only badly bruised rather than broken :-) This morning I was able to get out of bed without feeling like I was going to throw up with pain :-) They are still extremely painful and its still very difficult to walk, but its not quite so bad as it was yesterday or Monday :-) And I've found some shoes I can wear - so I can ditch the ever so stylish plastic bag over sock look!! With apologies to LMS and Drama Teen but its CROCS!!! My friend Ironing Lady picked up our ironing pile yesterday evening and was asking what was wrong, and when I explained she offered to lend me her crocs until I feel better. She went straight round to her house and brought them and they fit and I can get them on and walk in them :-) I know they are ugly shoes and that LMS and Drama Teen hate them with a passion, but I don't care - I can go out in public and WALK while wearing them!! I've kept them on around the house, as our tiled floors have been making my feet so so cold, and they feel so comfy and warm!!! I've even managed to make it over to the Post Office too :-) Ironing Lady also suggested 'piggy backing' Ibuprofens and Paracetemol tablets, so that there isn't a painful stage when one lot of tablets are wearing off before its time to take any more. And that is working fantastically too, I don't know why I didn't think of it myself as that is what has been recommended for Drama Teen after her operations!! I do wonder if that is why my toes are feeling better and why I'm able to move around a lot more easily, but at least its working :-)

The fact that Mr Messy is back home again is also helping enormously too :-) He arrived back last night bearing gifts of chocolate and Ibuprofens - I'm not sure which I appreciated most lol. Just knowing he is home (even if he is currently at work lol) and can help me out has taken so much pressure off and lifted my mood considerably :-) And he's just told me that he's arranged to work from home for the rest of the week, so that is even better :-) He can drive me bonkers and be totally annoying, but he is also the most generous, kind and loving man I know and I'm very lucky to have him. Just don't tell him I said that lol.

2 comments:

Whatshername's Mummy said...

Good news all round.
So pleased for you!
I've got a pairs of Crocs, don't get on with them and can't understand the appeal, but then again Alice loves hers and Next did a knock off version for £7 a pair (so we have them in red and pink!!)
K x

Janet said...

Hi Kate,
Fantastic and SCARY news lol :-)
I'm loving the Crocs at the moment, thought I'm not sure I'll feel the same when I can fit in my real shoes again lol.
Little Prince has a red and black Disney pair that he loves :-)
Love
Janet
xxxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006