Thursday 20 November 2008

What we've been doing

During yesterday I did so much running round! I collected Mr Messy's framed photograph from the framers, he needs it for Mon/Tues next week when he is at the photography training again. The framers did a fantastic job, which is great as this was the 'test' for using them as Mr Messy's business framers. We also found someone in our village who prints and mounts canvases from photographs, and he delievered his sample print too. We weren't as impressed by this as by the framing! The quality of the printing was excellent but the finishing of the stretch frame at the back left a bit to be desired. Mr Messy is going to contact the man involved and see if he can do a better job, and if so will probably use him for making canvases of 'friends and family' shoots. For his proper business clients he will be using a much more expensive firm! I also had to call at the bank to get the money to pay the builders, who called round to collect their money for building the wall. They came in for a chat and I quizzed the young assistant on his experiences with being diagnosed with ADHD and being prescribed Ritalin. It made for a sobering conversation. I also got in touch with the Benefits Agency to ask for a claim pack for Disability Living Allowance (DLA) as suggested by our GP when we first saw him regarding Little Prince's difficulties. I had been putting this off, as it means publically admitting that Little Prince is 'disabled' and also the forms we will have to fill in are very upsetting. We have to put down the absolute worst behaviour and difficulties that Little Prince has and I'm dreading doing that and seeing it in black and white :-( So I spent yesterday afternoon/evening feeling quite down about it all, and have even been questioning my ability to cope with Little Prince's difficulties and a new little one :-( What am I getting myself into? Can I do this? I just don't know at the moment :-(

Yesterday Little Prince attended the second of his after school sports club meetings. He wasn't happy about going but was persuaded to give it another try. When I picked him up he said he didn't enjoy it and definitely didn't want to go ever again. I'm trying to look on the positive side of this - last year he only managed one session and completely fell apart once he got home, sobbing and clinging and adamant he didn't want to go again. This time he has managed two sessions and been able to verbally tell me that he didn't enjoy it and doesn't want to attend again, we've not had tears or clinginess this time. I gave him a Kinder Egg for being brave, but he told me "Mum, I wasn't as brave as you think, I was scared and I missed you." Poor little honeybunny :-( Well we can always try again next year and see how he gets on.

After collecting Little Prince we had to rush over and collect Drama Teen from her after school revision class. She has some exams this week that count towards her final GCSE grades and school had arranged these extra revision classes for the students taking the exams. The trouble was sports club and revision class both finished at the same time! Luckily Drama Teen was able to walk round to a friend's house near school and wait for me there.

Later in the evening Post Lady picked me up to go to Weight Watchers together (yes I'm back there yet again!!). We got to the venue only to be told it had been cancelled! The usual leader was unable to come, so a substitute had been sent, who managed to take a wrong turning and end up in someone's garden. She then managed to jam her car on this garden's rockery while trying to get out!!! I couldn't stop laughing :-)

3 comments:

Josie Knight said...

Of course WE can manage mum :)

Aww, tell him that being sad/scared and doing it anyway is what being Big and Brave is all about!

Oooh good luck Sis! Maths and Science modules?

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

Thank you LMS :-) Although with you being away at Uni the "we" is a bit more difficult :-)
Little Prince was thrilled with your message to him, and wants to know will he get a present?!?!
Drama Teen says yes its maths and science and thank you for the good luck :-)
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxx

Josie Knight said...

Well I'm moral support and frequent weekend visits, that's what student loan is for right? :P

LOL! I'll see what I can do Little Bro :)

No probs Sis, you'll do great! I did well on my Science ones and I'm hopeless at Science, you're tonnes better, you'll do great :) And I was just generally fab at Maths :P

LMS
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006