Thursday 11 December 2008

Almost.....

I manically checked the post again this morning and was THRILLED to get a letter from the Company we need the last document from! Not thrilled for long though!! The letter stated that the document had been produced but had been sent to our adviser, all we got was a letter saying they had done this!!! AAAAAAARGH!!!! I emailed the adviser and asked him if he could possibly fax the document to the Notary, I fully expected him not to be able to do this due to confidentiality issues or something!! Then I went out Christmas shopping, I couldn't stand sitting in and constantly checking my email inbox.

I went to Woolies while I was out, and I can't believe it won't be there for much longer!! It has ALWAYS been there!! I wore Ladybird clothes when I was little, let alone all my kids having worn it!!! While I was waiting in the HUGE queue there was an announcement that staff had found a lost child and could the parent come to the tills. A full FIFTEEN minutes later the unconcerned mother finally showed up!!! The poor little tot couldn't have been more than 18 months/2 years old and had been wrapped round a shop assistant all this time sobbing and shaking with fear. Words fail me.

When I got home I checked my emails and YESYESYESYES the adviser was able to use my email as permission to fax the document straight to our Notary :-) And the Notary had also emailed to say that he should have the dossier finished today and off to the courier to be sent to the FCO either tonight or tomorrow at the latest :-) I cried. I can't believe how stressful this has been, all for ONE PIECE OF PAPER!!! Our Notary is going to try his best to improve on the recently reported 3 week (EEEEK!!!) processing time for the Ethiopian Embassy and is doing his absolute best to conclude his work before he finishes for his Xmas break next Wednesday!!! Everyone keep your fingers crossed :-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that is BRILLIANT news!!! What an anxious morning you must have had - you can finally breathe out now, whatever happens it's out of your hands!! Hope everything goes ok from here on :-)

love WL xx

Anonymous said...

Oh that is BRILLIANT news!!! What an anxious morning you must have had - you can finally breathe out now, whatever happens it's out of your hands!! Hope everything goes ok from here on :-)

love WL xx

Anonymous said...

Sorry posted twice by accident!!

Janet said...

Hi WL,
Thank you thank you :-) We were told the document was in the post last Monday!! So I've been stalking the Post Lady!!! I'm hoping everything runs smoothly from now on :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hugs thats great news, hoping that your papers will be on their way soon. The stress is nearly over, and you will get your referral soon! Then you can panic! :)

I love wollies as well. I have bought some great stuff for all my Yahoo group swaps and for Ms Wong, and will miss it.

Love S

Janet said...

Hi S,
Thank you :-) I've every faith in our Notary that he will do his best to get things going as quickly as he can. Fingers crossed it won't be too long before our papers are in Ethiopia, although I think it will be after Christmas now.
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006