Thursday 18 December 2008

FANTASTIC NEWS

We heard from our Notary today that our dossier has been picked up by the couriers from the Ethiopian Embassy and will be back in the Notary's offices tomorrow!!! I screamed, laughed and cried when I read his email :-) And sent him an almost incoherent "thank you" email - he has done quite a few international adoption dossiers before, so I'm sure he's used to over emotional prospective parents lol. Well I hope he is anyway :-)

Once our papers are back with him, well his secretary as he is now on his Christmas holidays, they will be sent straight back to the DCSF (UK govt dept) who forward the whole thing to Addis Ababa!!! They are currently taking about three weeks to send dossiers out and with Christmas almost here, it will probably be late January before it is sent out. But we are ALMOST THERE!!!!! WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW :-) It was the best news I could have got before Christmas, well apart from actually getting to see photos/info on our new little one of course :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow amazing news!!!

So happy for you, won't be long until they're off now :-)

love WL xx

Janet said...

Hi WL,
Thank you so much :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Lisa A : Izabella said...

ahhhh...Janet this is great news. I've been reading some blogs from ethiopia and those little guys are soooo adorable. Wow! You're in for a jewel! I'm soooo happy for you. Have you been to my blog lately--I think we're going to put our family on the waiting child list...this might, just might bring our Izabella home soon. I'm so excited about this!

I wanted to say--have a very, very special christmas my friend. We must email more in 2009. I think of you so very often.

2009 is our year my friend! :) hee, hee.


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006