Wednesday 11 February 2009

Busy Day

I trekked out to the DIY shop AGAIN this morning! I had a list of stuff I needed to get so that Handyman could finish the jobs I'd got lined up for him. DIY shops are totally out of my league, they are so confusing!! I had joked with Handyman that I needed exact specifications and preferably part numbers before being let loose in them! And sure enough, once Handyman arrived and inspected my purchases he found quite a few bits that weren't quite what he was expecting!! So we went BACK to the DIY shop (THREE times in two days!!!) to sort the bits out. Which of course meant that there wasn't enough time before Handyman stopped work to finish the huge list of jobs I'd got for him!! So he is coming back, yet again, on Friday (tomorrow is Retail Therapy!!).

He did get most of the jobs done, apart from the ones in Little Prince's future room! And after he'd shown me how to do it, I managed to strip the paint off the original lock that wasn't attached to its door when the doors went to be stripped - and even though I say so myself it looks fantastic :-) It wasn't attached to its door, because we had to remove it when Drama Teen was little as she had a habit of locking herself in rooms with locks on the doors, and there was no way we would have been able to get her out again!! She is now old enough, and wise enough to have a lock on her door so it needed to be put back! All the other locks were stripped at the same time as the doors got stripped, and came up looking great, so I'm really pleased that this one will now match :-)

I also got a couple of cushions made for in Little Prince's new room, one in the American Flag material me and Mad Cat Lady bought from Walmart when we went to Florida last year. And the other in a different style American Flag material, that was originally two bandanas that I bought for next to nothing when we visited our friends last Summer :-) Once again I am really pleased at how well they have turned out :-) His new room is going to look FABULOUS :-) If I can get my camera and my computer to actually talk to each other, I'll try and upload some photos when I've got it all finished :-)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey mum, if you can't get your camera and computer to co-operate I'll upload them onto here for you

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

Hi LMS,
That would be fantastic if you would do that :-) And your photos arrived in the post this morning :-)
Are you meeting Dad at the station to come home tonight?
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxxx

Rosie said...

Good to hear the rooms are going well.

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
Little Prince's new room is coming on great :-) He should be settling down in it in the next few days. We just have a technical problem getting the blinds to fasten to the wall (horrible hollow plaster!) but we think we know how to sort that out now, and once that's done he can move in :-)
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006