Wednesday 25 February 2009

MORE b*llocks from DCSF!!!!

I have (once AGAIN!!) just phoned the DCSF. Using the same number I have been using for the past 8 weeks and yesterday and the day before! The lady who answered said the helpline was no longer in operation!! She would try to get through on my behalf and ask for the dimensions of the dossier package!! This is SH*TE!!!!!!!!! How on earth can this be a good way to run the department?!?!?!

The receptionist got back to me and said I will get an email in the next few days with the dimensions!! THE NEXT FEW DAYS!!! I told her that was completely unacceptable and sent her back to the team to find out what the problem was. She came back and said that PAUL on the team (who gives a flying f*ck about confidentiality) said he would work on it today I would get the email tomorrow. And pigs might fly!!!! I yelled at the receptionist, but she just kept apologising and saying she could not put me through. This is a public service entity but they cannot be contacted by the public!!! I will be contacting my MP and Tom Jefferies the Director General of the DCSF.

8 comments:

Mac said...

What the f*ck is going on there? I'm getting angry just reading your post about these morons!
I am so sorry, Janet. I hope someone with at least two brain cells can get back to you and get on with this mess.
Thinking of you and hoping this gets straightened out right away.
(((((((hugs))))))

Janet said...

Hi Mac,
This is the normal level of "service" from the DCSF!! They are accountible to no one and there doesn't seem to be anything anyone can do. ICA groups have been campaigning for years to get this sorted out, and it still carries on.
I just have to keep my fingers crossed that I get the info tomorrow and can finally get my dossier out of their clutches!!
Love
Janet
xxx

kn said...

I am so so sorry to read this! It really seems unbelievable - it's like they are working purposely to make things actually more difficult than they need to be.

I hope someone with an once of compassion gets involved immediatly.

Janet said...

Hi Kristine,
There does seem to be an institutionalised bias against ICA in this country!!
Thankfully the compassionate person you mention got in touch and our dossier will be sent tomorrow :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Rosie said...

"institutionalised bias against ICA in this country!!"

You hit the nail on the head.Shame on our Govt.

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
I totally agree, they do less than the bare minimum to comply with the Hague Treaty and UK laws, and its us prospective adopters that get caught up in it.
Love
Janet
xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet
Bit late as have been so busy this week..but woohoo you are out of the DCSF. Yippeee!!!!!!1111

FYI Paul is the one that rescued our papers after 17 days of lanugishing there and sent them on & got us our other stuff really quickly. When he wants to he can work wonders. He's the only one I wanted to send a thank you note too!!!

Janet said...

Hi 3cmum,
I've had someone else say Paul was a great help too, glad he finally got involved!!
Its lovely seeing our papers travel now :-)
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006