Sunday 8 March 2009

Carbooting :-)

This morning I did the unthinkable!! I got up EARLY on a Sunday!!! I took myself off to a local carboot sale to look for things to take with me to the orphanage when I visit. And look for bargains for our own little one too :-) I wandered round and made one or two purchases, and I'd almost looked at all the stalls when I found one selling baby clothes, which the orphanage is desperate for. I was rummaging through the boxes on the floor when the lady on the stall asked what size and boy or girl? I said I wasn't that bothered as I was taking them to an orphanage in Ethiopia. She looked surprised and then her husband said "Just fill a bag full for a Fiver" So the lady proceeded to stuff a carrier bag FULL of tights, hats, mittens and cardigans. I tried to protest that I was there to BUY stuff and she shouldn't put so much in the bags and she just smiled and said "It's not all about money" People can be so so sweet and I had tears in my eyes as I walked away with the bulging bag of things for the orphanage.

On the way home I stopped off at a Business Centre that offers a laminating service. I wanted to get one of the copies of the photograph of our future little one laminated so that Little Prince could take it to school and I'd be sure it wouldn't get damaged. The man serving said I would have to wait a few hours as he had a huge order in already. Oh no I wanted to get home and see LMS before she had to go back to university :-( I asked if there was anywhere else nearby that did laminating? No. So reluctantly I handed over the photograph and asked how long did he think it would be. He asked "Is it just that one photo?" and when I said yes, probably still looking all disappointed, he took it over to the machine and did it there and then! I thanked him profusely and with a huge smile and a bounce in my step returned to the car. Aren't people lovely :-)

5 comments:

Shawnstribe said...

JANET!!!!!!!!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait to see your baby's photo!!!!!
wow wow wow
you have waited sooooooo long and i'm so thrilled that your hearts desire has come true!!!!
((((((BIG HUGS)))) from our tribe
xxx
s

Rosie said...

Its lovely to hear how generous people can be in a time of need.So many babies needing help and lovely people like you doing that.Its all good news,great.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,

Just remeber all those lovely people out there when you require more paitence for Little Prince and you'll smile and it won't be so bad

Love
Little Sis

Anonymous said...

My xyz computer looses the internet for one day and what happens you get a referral!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW. How fast was that??I simply cannot wait for you to tell us all more about her (am emailing you offline).

Lots of hugs to all your family. Am so SO thrilled for you all.

Anonymous said...

Let me know what you are collecting for the orphanage. I have things that Isabella has grown out of so just PM me and I can send to you

Love S


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006