Sunday 22 March 2009

~*~ HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ~*~


Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there, especially my own Mum (I know you read this lol) as I've forgotten as usual to post your card - I'll post it first thing tomorrow Mum, promise :-)

This morning I opened my pressies from my gorgeous children :-) I got a fantastic picture frame, decorated by LMS, who is the least creative person I know! I put her in a flat spin when I told her I wanted something creative created by her for Mother's Day lol. And the picture frame has instructions that it is for a photograph of my FOUR children together - I can't wait to take that photo :-) I also got a lovely new handbag from Drama Teen and Little Prince and cards from all of them :-) Thank you so much you three, you are the best :-)

And to all my friends who are still waiting for their child, you are in my thoughts as today must be a hard day for you.

UPDATE: LMS had just rung to wish me Happy Mother's Day and explained about the picture frame lol. It started off plain white, and she painted it yellow and tried to paint all the children's names round the edge. That apparently went horrible wrong, so she painted the whole thing black to cover it up!! Then she painted multi coloured splodges all over it to brighten it up. I love it LMS and will treasure it forever :-) Its just like when you were in Primary School lol

5 comments:

kn said...

Happy Mothers Day!

I loved the note about the photo of your four children!

Janet said...

Hi Kristine,
Happy English Mother's Day to you too :-)
I just can't wait to put a photo of all four of them in the frame :-) Just the thought is making me well up :-)
Love
Janet

Anonymous said...

I feel mildly patronised :P

I'm glad you liked it LOL And next year I refuse to be creative, or ever again LOL I'm not even slightly offended by the comment that I'm the least creative person ever, because it's just so true!!! :)

Hope you're having a great day mum *hugs*

LMS
xxx

Anonymous said...

PS I think you should post a picture of my creative creation, especially as "black with coloured splodges on" sounds awful but the reality isn't TOOO bad :P

xxxxx

Janet said...

Hi LMS,
I'm not patronising, just being honest and you know it :-)
I'm just going to take a photo now :-)
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006