Friday 20 March 2009

Reality bites!

Little Prince asked me to snuggle him to sleep in my bed tonight, and every night until I go to Ethiopia. He said this is so that he can store up all the snuggles for when I'm away. While I was lay there with him as his warm, wriggly body relaxed and he fell asleep, I started to cry. I need to store up his snuggles too. I have only ever been away from all the family at once for an extended time once before. I spent three weeks in China with good friends who were adopting. It was the trip of a lifetime and a fantastic experience, but I HATED being away from my family for that long. When I had managed to speak to them on the phone, I would have to go and lock myself in the bathroom for a good cry afterwards. And now I'm doing it again!! I think I've been deliberately avoiding even thinking about this until now. But I can't escape it any longer. It is going to be so so hard to be away from everyone, and I don't even get to see LMS before I go as she doesn't get back from University until the day after I've flown!!

I love all of you and will miss you all so much.
Lots of love Janet/Mummy
xxxxxxxx

10 comments:

The Sharp Family said...

Janet, I know how you are feeling right now. I sobbed the entire day before we left. But, you MUST go and get your daughter. Your son knows how much you and your family love him but your daughter needs you more right now. My mom told me the day tha we left (as I was STILL in tears) that sometimes you have to leave one to go and get one. And that is so true. It will be hard and I am sure that you feel as though your heart will break in to pieces but chin up my friend. It will all be okay. And it's okay to cry too ;) That's what being a momma is all about :) XOXO

Janet said...

Hi P,
I have the funny feeling I'm heading towards a full day of crying too :-( I know I have to get through this so that we can adopt our little one, but I'm dreading how hard its going to be :-(
I remember how hard it was for you too, so thank you for the understanding and reassurances.
Love
Janet
xxx

Kay Bratt said...

Good luck on your trip!

Janet said...

Hi Kay,
Thank you :-)
Love
Janet

Anonymous said...

It'll be fine Mum :) We're going to be fine and you'll cope :)

Remember - it'll be fiiiine!!! :P

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

Hi LMS,
Thank you :-)
I know it will be fine, but it will be hard too :-(
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxx

kn said...

It is the hardest thing to leave your little ones especially when they are the delightful age of 6! I sometimes travel for work for up to a week. Pulling away is so hard but there are always a few moments while I'm away that I realize I'm growing and so are they. In the end the time away is good.

Of course this is so so much better than traveling for business. This is your family - his sister - it's wonderful. Difficult, painful and beautiful. I hope the time goes quickly before you leave.

It's so soon!

Rosie said...

I'll be thinking about you,
safe journey,
hugs

Janet said...

Hi Kristine,
Thank you for the reassurances :-)
I know I'll be fine, I'll get on the plane have a good cry and then have to pull myself together and cope with it!! My Baby Sis is a lovely, level headed young lady and will help me through :-) And Mr Messy, LMS and Drama Teen will help Little Prince through it too. And then end result is going to be so so wonderful :-) I am so looking forward to the next trip when we ALL go and we can experience Ethiopia together and I can finally see all four of my children together :-) I'll keep focussing on that :-)
Love
Janet
xxx

Janet said...

Hi Rosie,
You've been in my thoughts, I hope you are feeling a bit brighter :-)
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006