Sunday 12 April 2009

LMS's Last Minute Decision

Sadly LMS has decided she isn't coming to Ethiopia with us :-( I'm upset about this, but totally understand her reasons, and although I'll miss her (and her assistance!) a LOT, I think she is doing the right thing.

She is going to visit her Boyfriend in America. He has been very down recently, partly because of the economy over there and the constant threat of losing his job and partly because his family and friends are being very negative about his and LMS's long distance relationship. And also probably, because she misses him lol. LMS is hoping to be able to convince Boyfriend's family and friends that she isn't such a bad person (they don't approve of her not being a committed Christian, her drinking (she is a student!!) and her being over here!!). I think that once they meet her they will realise what a sweet, kind and loving young lady she is and will hopefully be a bit more supportive to Boyfriend about their relationship.

Its going to make our trip to Ethiopia more difficult, and Drama Teen thought I was joking when I said she would need to be helpful on the trip!! But it is me and Mr Messy that have decided to add to our family and it isn't LMS's responsibility to help us with that and we will cope just fine :-) And once Little Prince gets over the disappointment he'll be fine too!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mum, glad you understand :) I know you're disappointed, and I do want to go someday. Thank you for the kind words about me too :)

I'm sure you'll all cope just fine, and I'm sure my Bigger Little Sis will be good and helpful when she realises she can't just doss and leave me to be the responsible one :P

LMS
xxx

Janet said...

No problem darling :-) They weren't just kind words - they were true words :-)
Fingers crossed you are right about Drama Teen!
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006