Sunday 10 May 2009

Back in Action :-)

Despite Little Prince joining us in bed at stupid o'clock this morning, and then demanding I take him to the toilet at 4.30am I felt quite a lot better this morning!! Probably because Mr Messy got up with Little Prince and let me have a few hours uninterrupted sleep, thank you :-)
Not long after I got up Drama Teen's Young Man arrived, we'd already warned them yesterday when they were arranging the visit that he could only come over if he joined in with the jobs!! So they were sent out into the garden to clean Little Prince's climbing frame. It was really mucky after being neglected last year when we seemed to have the builders here non-stop! However, after a bit of cleaning, a lot of throwing wet sponges at each other and some snogging where they didn't think they could be seen, they got bored!! So me and Little Prince took over! I'm not sure that Little Prince was much help, but he did have fun lol. Once we'd finished I think he was wetter than the climbing frame and most of the muck that had been on the climbing frame seemed to have migrated to him!! Oh well, at least that's one more job done. And once we've sorted the weeds and nettles and fixed the fences that have blown down, it will be safe for Little Prince to play out. Which is the whole plan, as I think he is going to need to run off some energy (and frustration!) once we have brought New Child home!!

I've just come in for a break and a rest and then I'm going to go back out and pick up all the rubbish that has either been left by the builders or blown over the walls!! We can probably get rid of quite a lot of the rubbish by driving to the tip, but we will have to hire a skip for the rest!

And while we've been doing all this Mr Messy has been alternating between watching the Grand Prix and getting more painting done. The pink is now finished I think, we need to buy the mint green paint tomorrow so we can do that, and then we just need to do the woodwork. Oh and go over the bits of the ceiling that got caught by the pink! I've left it too late to order the new blinds before we go to Ethiopia as they'd end up being delivered while we were over there! So I'll order them as soon as we get home. As New Child will be sleeping in our room at first, it isn't such a worry.

UPDATE: I've cleared the garden rubbish into one huge pile at the side of the house. I was upset to find that one of my pretty garden chairs was broken underneath one of the bits of fence that fell down on it!! One of next week's jobs will be to take as much of the rubbish as I can to the tip. A lot of it is builder's rubble though, so it will be back breaking work getting it into a skip! Might have to talk to my Handyman as I don't want Mr Messy injuring himself just before we go to Ethiopia!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006