Thursday 14 May 2009

Busy Few Days

We've had a busy few days getting more and more things sorted out ready for New Child's arrival :-) The walls of the nursery are now finished, so I can stencil the border later on when Little Prince is in bed. The bedroom door has been waxed, and looks lovely. Tomorrow Mr Messy will get the woodwork painted and once that's dry we can assemble the furniture :-) I can't wait :-)
Me and Mr Messy went shopping today mainly to get the car seat tested in our car. Of course the one that fits on my buggy DOESN'T fit in my car!! I was getting quite worried when we had tried four different seats and not one fitted in my car!!! But then we finally found one that fits - its a lovely purple colour, which looks nice with my navy blue car and will also go beautifully with all the pink outfits I've been buying New Child lol. We also got the rest of the bedding we needed - mattress, fitted sheets, blankets etc. And somehow we ended up with this bib - I'm not sure how it got in the shopping trolley and Mr Messy can't remember either lol.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww :) It all looks so lovely! I feel bad that I'm not there to help out with the preparations though! And I can't imagine how that bib got into your trolley... :P

I did try ringing today by the way, turns out you were out, at my favourite restaurant, without me!! :O

Have you sorted that stuff out for me yet...?

Love love love!
LMS
xxx

Janet said...

Hi LMS,
It looks really good doesn't it :-) I like it better now its now a total marshmallow!!
Sorry you weren't with us at the restaurant - we missed you :-( But the food was yummy :-)
Just sorting it right now :-)
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Its looking good, it will soon be all finished! Then you can bring your beautiful child home to a clutter free house, and then you will be so busy to care!

Love S

Janet said...

Hi S,
I much prefer it now with the green :-) Fingers crossed the painting will be finished tonight, then furniture in tomorrow :-) YEAH :-)
Love
Janet
xxx


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006