Friday 17 September 2010

Today's Ramblings

Princess Lollipop had a really restless night and I found it really hard to wake up this morning. Luckily Mr Messy had today off so I could have a little lie in, not too long as I had to ring to try and get an appointment with our GP to ask for a referral to the local hospital we visited yesterday. Unfortunately when I rang the surgery I found that our GP wasn't in today, as he is the one who has been so good with dealing with Little Prince's issues I didn't want to deal with someone else, so I'll have to try and see him next week instead.

When the post arrived we got a letter from the paediatrician we are currently trying to get a re-referral to. The letter was in answer to one sent to him from the GP overseeing Little Prince's assessment for a Statement. It was very short and to the point, stating Little Prince's diagnosis of Autism and that he was on the waiting list to see the Externalising Behaviour Clinic at the hospital CAHMS Unit. When I rang the paediatrician's secretary earlier this week, this is the GP's name that the secretary said had written to her. I wonder if they haven't received or processed the request for an urgent re-referral yet?? So maybe there is still hope that Little Prince can be seen by him, and fingers crossed it will be soon.

Mr Messy had the day off as he had so much work to do for his photography business. He spent most of the day at the shop, or in meetings at the local coffee shop. So me and Princess Lollipop were home alone most of the day. I was so tired from the lack of sleep last night, that when she went for her nap I went and laid down too. Mr Messy woke me up when he returned, he was fed up because the most important meeting he had today had been cancelled, but the other person had forgotten to let Mr Messy know!! He woke me up again when he was about to go out and pick Little Prince up from school, and again when they got back lol. Third time "lucky" I had to get up so that I could take Little Prince to his swimming lesson, and call at the bank to pick up the cash to pay the builder this weekend.

Little Prince appeared to be quite bouncy during his lesson, but his teacher is very used to him and managed to keep him under control. She was checking his progress against a swimming award scheme and he has blitzed his way through stage one and two, and only has a few more points to practice to pass stage three too :-) After his lesson we called at the chippie for tea, and had another look at how the shop looks now. I have a few niggles about how the exterior looks, and probably need to get the decorator back to change the small bits and then I'll be happy :-)

After tea Mr Messy went back over to the shop to deliver a few things and he stayed there for a while organising the spotlights how he wanted them to be. Little Prince was already in bed when he got home again. Princess Lollipop was very very clingy, but ONLY wanted Mummy she screamed and shouted no everytime anyone else tried to pick her up. Eventually I got her to sleep and Mr Messy took her up to bed, which is a good job because I'm feeling a bit suffocated by her at the moment. I know its a phase she probably has to go through but I don't get a break, she has to be touching me 24 hours a day!! Hopefully this phase won't go on for too long!!!

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006