Saturday 16 October 2010

Saturday

Princess Lollipop had a mega wriggly and disturbed night and I was exhausted when Mr Messy got up to go to OUR shop this morning. I persuaded Drama Teen to get up and give Princess Lollipop her breakfast and to come and get me in half an hour. That undisturbed half an hour was delicious, but way too short!! Little Prince came to wake me up and had to come back 15 mins later to wake me up again!!

When I finally surfaced I had a shower while Drama Teen carried on looking after the littlies. Then once I was dressed and ready, I took over so she could go and get ready. I dropped Drama Teen and Princess Lollipop off with Mr Messy at OUR shop, while me and Little Prince went to the supermarket opticians to have his eyes retested. He had an eye test with the school nurse recently and they had been concerned about his ability to read the smallest letters on the chart. The optician took her time and really helped him keep concentrating and he passed the test with flying colours. His eyes are clear and healthy, his depth of vision is excellent and overall he has great eyes and vision :-) While we were there we picked up the bits and bobs we had run out of, and also raided the stationary aisle for things for OUR shop. I got two sets of staplers, hole punches, rulers etc in two different colours - so WHEN Mr Messy loses his, he can get his own replacements!!

Then we called over at a different shop, to see if we could get some small plates to match OUR shop's mugs. We couldn't find exact matches, but found acceptable ones and bought those. We then fought our way through the traffic going to the football ground and drove back to OUR shop. Little Prince immediately became super hyper in the shop and wound everyone up!! We have told him he cannot go to OUR shop again if he can't behave better, and he is going to try to his best to behave next time. I sorted out all the purchases, gave Mr Messy and Drama Teen a list of jobs they had to do before coming home and then gathered up the littlies and took them home. Princess Lollipop had been VERY upset in OUR shop, crying and crying for Mummy and was obviously VERY tired, so I put her down for a nap as soon as we got home. She is still sleeping, so I've managed to get the tumble dryer sorted, the shopping put away and put some more washing on. I only need to supervise Little Prince emptying the dishwasher and squashing his cans and I've got most of my jobs done!! However, Princess Lollipop had just started to disturb so we will probably have to wait till later to get finished.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006