Thursday 28 October 2010

Thursday so Far

This morning I ignored my alarm, well I turned it off first and then snuggled back down and fell back to sleep. I finally got up when Princess Lollipop woke up and asked for her "bweta" well she didn't so much ask, as jump up and down in her cot shouting "BWETA BWETA BWETA" so it was pretty obvious what she wanted lol. Little Prince walked in and said he'd heard his sister shouting, but he'd been letting me have a lie in - little sweetie :-) Drama Teen was almost ready, and had already planned to get the bus to OUR shop for her shift today (so that me and the littlies wouldn't have to rush around) - another sweetie :-) However, I needed to call at the cash machine so I had to go to the village OUR shop is in anyway, so she helped me get the littlies breakfast and then dressed, before we went out. Thank you Drama Teen it was a great help.

Once we'd returned home Little Prince really appreciated being able to stay in his own environment and play on the Wii and with his Lego. He was getting a little stressed over the fact that our hairdresser was coming after lunch and he was having his hair trimmed, so his playing did get a little crazy and rowdy at times. He was quite calm when Hairdresser arrived, and didn't do his usual "run screaming and hide!!" he just chatted calmly with Hairdresser and then sat down on a chair in the kitchen and apart from asking for warm water in the spray bottle, made no fuss about having his hair cut. I'm not sure that I like the cut, we are allowing Little Prince to have his hair slightly longer at the moment, but it usually has a bit more style to it - its just long, floppy and curls outwards at the bottom and looks a bit silly! I might have to get Mr Messy to take Little Prince to the barber's shop this weekend and get it sorted out!! Princess Lollipop wasn't quite so calm during our haircuts, she sat watching in her high chair and shouted through most of it - even though she didn't have her hair touched!! I had my hair trimmed and can now see out of my fringe, which had got way too long and was giving me a headache!

I was supposed to pick Drama Teen up at 3pm, but she rang up at 2.45pm to ask if she could go round to her friend's house after work instead, and I come and pick her up at 5pm instead. This suited me perfectly as Princess Lollipop hadn't had her nap due to the hairdresser's visit, and was very tired and grumpy. She was much better for having the chance to get a nap :-) After I'd picked Drama Teen up, I made them all a quick tea, as we had to get to Drama Teen's singing lesson. Princess Lollipop wolfed everything down and still wanted more!! Little Prince wasn't quite so hungry and left a lot of his.

We got to Drama Teen's singing lesson on time for once, and even remembered to take her present LMS had sent her from America (she's been LMS's friend for years). This will be Drama Teen's last lesson with her as the teacher is going to work on a cruise ship (as a fitness instructor) soon. Drama Teen is disappointed as she has really enjoyed her lessons, but the teacher is going to give her the number of a different teacher she could go to. Princess Lollipop made a HUGE fuss about Drama Teen getting out of the car, and carried on shouting and crying for ages, despite the fact that we had set up the DVD player for her to watch. Then we had to make a dash to get Little Prince to the toilet (I don't like interrupting the lesson half way through - as it would get VERY difficult to get Little Prince calmly out of the house again!).

By the time we got home Mr Messy was already here, Drama Teen got Little Prince into bed and I got Princess Lollipop ready for bed. As she'd had a later nap she wasn't ready for bed yet and it took ages to persuade her to go to sleep! As usual Mr Messy had tonnes of work to do and spent most of the eveni ng in his upstairs office, while I caught up on the episodes of Quantum Leap I had saved.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006