Tuesday 26 October 2010

Tuesday

Today it was my turn to be in OUR shop, and take both littlies with me! I have been dreading taking Little Prince and worrying how he would cope with being cooped up, and with customers calling in! I made sure he had plenty of toys to play with and got him to sort out some books to read and dvds to watch too. Unfortunately he can't remember where he has put his Gameboy so he can't bring that! No one has any idea where it could be, even Little Prince spent ages searching for it with his torch! Hopefully we have enough other things to keep him quietly amused during the day!!

I had to do Princess Lollipop's hair today, and she SCREAMED through the whole thing :-( I really wish their was an easier way to take care of her hair :-( When we had eventually finished and she was all dried and dressed, and a little calmer I got Drama Teen to give her, her breakfast, she ate some of her own and some of Drama Teen's too lol. Then I got Drama Teen to go upstairs with Little Prince and help him find some trendy but warm clothes to wear to OUR shop today. They ended up rowing as Drama Teen just told Little Prince what to wear, instead of giving him a couple of choices, so I had to intervene and get Little Prince to agree to wear something!! During all of this I had to get myself ready too, its not easy in all the chaos!!

We set off (late!) and part way there decided that there probably wasn't enough time for Drama Teen to get to the Hairdresser (for advice on a new colour she wants on her hair - bright blue!!) and still get to the bus stop in time to catch the bus home. So I turned round and dropped her back at home, and she is going to ring the Hairdresser and explain. She is also going to get the place vacuumed before her guests arrive for her "gathering"!! I'm probably taking my life (well my house at least!!) in my hands letting her have so many friends round while I'm at work!! She has been told that she has to tidy up any mess before I get home with the littlies, and that if there are any damages she has to pay for the repairs!!! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly and safely!!

The first hour in the shop while Little Prince got used to being here was a nightmare! He was throwing toys, not sharing with Princess Lollipop and brumming his cars across the floor so that they crashed into the walls and furniture. When our first customer came in he kept interrupting while we were talking, before eventually using his "escape plan" (going quietly into the back storeroom till the customer has gone). Once she had gone I told Little Prince how proud I was of how he coped, and what a good boy he had been going to the storeroom when he found it too overwhelming. Hopefully now he has got his first customer experience under his belt he'll cope better and better each time. Little Prince asked to watch Star Wars on his DVD player, and he is now sitting beautifully calmly watching the film :-) Of course Princess Lollipop now wants to watch her DVD player too, so I've had to sort hers out too, she sat still for a while and watched Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but soon jumped down and wanted to play instead. And now Little Prince is bored with Star Wars and is moaning that he is hungry too - the peace and quiet was nice while it lasted lol.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006