Monday, 8 November 2010

Bonfire Night

As usual the Village Pub just across the road from our house had a Bonfire and put on a barbeque, and of course served drinks! Drama Teen was pretty upset as me and Mr Messy had said we weren't running her over to her Boyfriend's town to go to a Bonfire with him, as it would mean driving into the town in the rush hour, and by the time we got back to our Village there would be nowhere to park. And whichever one of us was doing the running round would only be in the house a few minutes before having to set back off to pick her up again. So she invited Boyfriend to come here, he refused saying the Village Bonfire was lame and boring. Drama Teen was hurt that he didn't want to come over and see her, even if he didn't think he'd enjoy the Bonfire that much. Poor baby :-(

Little Prince was higher than a kite with excitement about Bonfire Night! He was looking out of the window to see if the Bonfire had been lit every few minutes from the second he arrived home from school!! By the time it was lit and Mr Messy took him over he was way too hyped up and they came back within about 5 minutes, with Little Prince in a foul mood. He slammed around for a while until me and his Dad could stand it no longer and I got him ready for bed. He asked to cuddle up in my bed with me before going to sleep and while we lay there he wanted to talk about his birth family. He explained that he had been feeling very very sad about losing his birth family, and felt like crying a lot of the time. He even wanted to cry at school sometimes but was worried that his friends would laugh at him. Poor little man :-( He was also angry that it isn't fair that he had to leave his birth family, and that he has lost more things/people than anyone else he knows (apart from Princess Lollipop). I agreed that it wasn't fair, and that I wished I could make it better, but unfortunately I can't. But I can be there to hug him when he feels sad, and I'll always be there to talk to him about whatever he wants. Then we started to hear fireworks going off and he started squirming about and it was obvious there was no way he would get settled to sleep now!

I let him get dressed and took him back over to the Bonfire. It was cold and wet, but Little Prince didn't notice!! He stood behind a wall watching the Bonfire, and when he noticed some older children throwing things into the fire, he had to join in!! Thank goodness he was behind the wall or I'm sure he would have burnt himself!! I stood and chatted to N and her husband, she is the daughter of my friend who died just before Little Prince was placed with us. She couldn't believe how BIG he is now!! We chatted about the 4 month trip round the world she had been on recently and she told me that she had been living at her Dad's house, but was moving the next day to a new house further down South. She is a High School teacher and is loving her new job, she hated the previous two places she taught. It was lovely to see her and catch up with what she is doing. Her Mum used to talk about her (and her two brothers) all the time, and I've missed that connection with the family.

When it was obvious that the fireworks had finished I persuaded Little Prince to come back home. After I'd made sure he'd had a good wash, his hands were covered in mud from picking things up to throw on the Bonfire, I got him back ready for bed and got him snuggled up in his own bed. He didn't settle down very well, as fireworks kept going off sporadically for ages and disturbing him.

While me and Little Prince were out Mr Messy had taken Princess Lollipop to bed, and he must have fallen asleep with her. I watched some TV expecting him to reappear at any moment, but it got later and later and there was still no sign of him. I went to get ready for bed and found that between him and Princess Lollipop they had taken up all the room in our bed and her cot! I couldn't move Princess Lollipop without disturbing her, and Mr Messy was obviously exhausted so I didn't want to wake him and ask him to move either. I grabbed a blanket and went back downstairs to sleep on the sofa. Mr Messy woke up at some point in the wee hours, and came down to find out what was going on, so I got some sleep in my comfy bed. I was the exhausted one by the time morning came round!

No comments:


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country


Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006