Monday 22 November 2010

Rest of Quiet Sunday

Well we did go out for tea, and it was a nice break for all of us! When we got back Little Prince got ready for bed while I got Princess Lollipop in her jammies. When he got back downstairs Princess Lollipop was already settling down, so I decided to have a chat with Little Prince. Me and Mr Messy had been talking about his hand injury and there is no way it could have happened the way Little Prince said it had! He'd it said happened when he was in his room and touched something sharp on a rug, which had happened ages ago when he caught himself on a pin stuck in a rug. However, this time the cut was too wide and deep to have happened like that. When I questioned Little Prince more closely he admitted that in fact, he had decided to make his wand (stick of wood from the garden!) more interesting by trying to carve it with a large, serrated kitchen knife! He said he was cutting when the knife slipped and gashed his hand! I was shaking when he told me that, MY GOD, he could have lost a finger or sliced an artery!! He knew he shouldn't have touched the kitchen knives and knew he would be in trouble for messing so he made up this story, but there was no impulse control to stop him doing it in the first place! He could really hurt himself, I mean REALLY hurt himself and I don't know how to protect him from himself :-( I am not religious in any way whatsoever, but I am praying we hear from the latest referral to hospital soon. P.L.E.A.S.E....

I must have been feeling upset and unsettled, as I did something I rarely do!! Ironing!! Those who know me know that I HATE and DETEST ironing soooo much!! So to find me ironing is extremely unusual, but the mindless activity let me calm down somewhat. And following that by the escapist fantasy world of Quantum Leap at least stopped me shaking, but I'm still worried about my gorgeous boy. He told me earlier this week that "I think I do have that ADHD thing Mummy. Something gets in my brain and messes with my calms and then I go crazy." He was so upset with himself tonight when I tucked him in bed, he was telling me he didn't think he would get anything for Christmas, just coal, as he was so bad. I tried and tried to help him understand that he isn't bad, that he just needs to do more thinking BEFORE he does things! I don't want my precious little boy to go to sleep thinking he's bad, I don't want him to ever think he's bad. Yes he does silly things, and recently increasingly dangerous, impulsive things, but he is NOT bad. He so badly needs the help that an official diagnosis of ADHD would bring, we are probably looking at medication but if that is what it takes to help him reach his potential and keep him safe then we will try it. I will do absolutely anything to keep my lovely little man safe.

No comments:


OUR ETHIOPIAN ADOPTION TIMELINE


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country

OUR CHINA ADOPTION TIMELINE

Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006