Tuesday, 14 December 2010

Monday Catch Up

I woke up still cross with Mr Messy so decided to stay at home and not go to OUR shop. Then I discovered today was the day for the planned power cut, in the village while the Electricity Company do some major repairs. So we had no lights, no heating, no TV, no phone and no internet. There was no way I was sitting shivering at home all day, so me and Princess Lollipop went out to get some more Christmas shopping done. We had set off pretty late in the morning, so the car parks were chock a block! After a few drives round I finally snagged a space!! I didn't really have anything specific I was shopping for, I just wanted to see what I could find for stocking fillers. I did want to buy yet another car charger for my phone, for some reason they keep falling apart in the cigarette lighter bit of my car!! My phone was completely flat and I don't like driving around in the middle of nowhere (where we live!) with no way of being able to ring anyone if something happens! I managed to find quite a lot of good stuff for the kids, and presents for Little Prince and Princess Lollipop from Grandma and Grandad. Normally they will buy the children something, but with the weather being like it has been I'm sorting it out this year.

I left town with over an hour left to get to school to pick Little Prince up, and even that wasn't long enough!! The traffic leaving town was dreadful and it took over half an hour to get out, and then I seemed to get stuck behind every slow driver EVER for the rest of the journey!! I was five minutes late picking Little Prince up, and he was so upset :-( The new phone charger didn't work so I couldn't ring Mr Messy to get him, or school to let them know I'd be a few minutes late, so I felt dreadful :-( Little Prince was in a bad mood for most of the evening because of the worry this had caused him :-( We got home and found the power still wasn't back on and wasn't due back on until 5pm, it was already going dark and the thought of sitting shivering in the cold and dark with Little Prince was NOT appealing, so we drove over to OUR shop instead. Little Prince was stressed about me being late, and stressed because we'd changed our routine and not gone home, and stressed because he didn't have a friend come over to play! So taking him to OUR shop wasn't the best solution, but it was the only one I could come up with!! As soon as we got there Drama Teen started to tell Little Prince off for every little thing he did, not helping his mood! I tried to get him to sit quietly and play on the internet, but my computer had lost its connection and Mr Messy was busy editing so didn't have chance to look at it for ages. It was quite a fraught visit to OUR shop and as soon as it got to about 4.45pm I took the littlies off home again. Luckily the power was back on and the house was starting to warm up again. Mr Messy and Drama Teen arrived home pretty soon after we did and brought chippie tea for us all, we'd arranged that just in case the power wasn't back on and we couldn't cook!

No comments:


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country


Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006