Friday, 28 January 2011


Princess Lollipop and I had not long been downstairs, when the Mum of one of the boys who missed Little Prince's party knocked at the door. She apologised profusely for E not being at the party, but she and her husband had mistaken the day and had gone the day AFTER they should have done!! Apparently E had been extremely cross with them, and it had cost them a trip to Pizza Hut to cheer him up lol. She came in for a chat and we arranged for Little Prince to go and play at E's house next Thursday. E has moved to a new school and the boys still really miss each other :-( However, E's Mum was saying that she was not happy with the new school E goes to and she is considering moving him back to Little Prince's school. I daren't mention this to Little Prince as he would be absolutely gutted if it didn't actually happen! But he would be thrilled to bits if E returned to his class :-)

After E's Mum had left me and Princess Lollipop carried on with our morning, and I was just about to take her for her bath when Mr Messy rang to say that he'd arranged for me to take my car to a local garage that specialises in my car's make. So we abandoned the bath plans and got ready to go out. I dropped Princess Lollipop off at OUR shop with Mr Messy and carried on to the garage. The mechanic agreed that the breaks were broke, and I'm booked in for them to be repaired on Monday, and have been advised to not use my car as the brakes might not be safe. As Mr Messy is in OUR shop on Saturday, me and the littlies will be grounded again :-(

I returned straight home from the garage, I'd arranged that Mr Messy would bring Princess Lollipop home later. I sat down and read some more of my book :-) It is fantastic to be calm and unstressed enough to enjoy reading again - I can't remember when I last read and finished a whole novel!! And I hadn't really realised what a crushing weight dealing with Little Prince's out of control behaviour had been, until now and that weight has been lifted! Its not only Little Prince's life that is changing for the better with this new medication :-)

Mr Messy arrived home just in time for me to get ready and go out to pick Little Prince up from school. We went straight from school to his swimming lesson. He was ready early and I let him play in the shallow end (with me closely supervising from the side) until his teacher was ready for him. I was a bit concerned with how silly Little Prince was getting - splashing wildly and jumping around madly! I made him come out of the pool for a few minutes and he was calmer when he was allowed to play again. After his lesson his teacher said he concentrated really hard and worked very well - so perhaps he'd got his "sillies" over and done with before his lesson :-)

We called at the chippie on the way home and Little Prince said he was hungry (wonderful - that's the first time he's said that since he started on his medication) and ordered a large amount of food! When we got home he didn't manage to eat all of it, but he had a pretty good go at it :-)

A friend of ours gave us a small bike that her daughter had grown out of, for Princess Lollipop - its pink with tassles on the handlebars and is very girlie!! We had tried to keep it as an extra surprise for her birthday, but she'd seen it and WANTED it!! So after we'd finished tea Mr Messy went and brought it downstairs for her, she LOVED it - she can't ride it at all, but she loves sitting on it and waving goodbye to everyone :-) Little Prince can just about sit on it too (when Princess Lollipop isn't looking!!) and managed to pedal it :-) He has NEVER managed to pedal a bike properly, and he got so frustrated and upset that we got rid of his bike years ago. However, now we think he might be able to manage - another fantastic result for the medication :-) All the little boys his age (and the younger ones he plays with) ride bikes and it is such a big part of childhood to whizz round on a bike, that I've always been so sad that Little Prince will miss out on this. And now it looks like he won't have to miss out, it might seem like a small thing, but its HUGE to me (and Little Prince).

Even though his medication had worn off Little Prince played nicely with the large dolls house we have upstairs. It is filled with tiny, delicate furniture and usually Little Prince is so rough and impatient that he breaks many of the small pieces. This time he wanted to show me what he'd been doing - he had arranged one of the rooms beautifully and not broken a single piece :-) He did get silly when we told him it was time to get ready for bed, but eventually went upstairs and (touch wood!) we haven't heard him since!!

Princess Lollipop has been tired all afternoon, and she fell asleep while I was tidying the kitchen so she is in bed too!! Drama Teen is upstairs in her room, her and Boyfriend are still "working things out" which seems to involve LOTS of tears on her part :-( I hope they can sort things out soon as I hate seeing Drama Teen so sad :-(

No comments:


25th May 2009 - See New Child again & Court Date

23rd May 2009 - Fly back to Ethiopia

26th March 2009 - Fly to Ethiopia :-)

3rd March 2009 - Dossier Arrived at Orphanage

26th February 2009 - Dossier sent to Ethiopia

22nd December 2008 - Dossier back at DCSF

28th November 2008 - Certificate of Eligibility ISSUED

6th October 2008 - PASSED Approval Panel

7th July 2008 - Homestudy Update Started

28th Feb 2008 - Told LA we wished to change country


Formally withdrew from the China Adoption Programme 17th July 2008

LID (Logged in Date) with CCAA 16th August 2007

Documents to China 10th August 2007

Passed Approval Panel 5th March 2007

Homestudy started 6th June 2006

First Contact with our LA 1st Jan 2006